specialist8
Running like a top
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
+1metallyguitarded_imp said:No doubt, nice looking machines. But I actually prefer the lines of our CB11s.
Looks like the 79 CBX paint job on the tank. I love that paint job.Flynrider_imp said:They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.
I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :
![]()
Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
That seat looks darn comfortableFlynrider_imp said:They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.
I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :
![]()
Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
That is just...beautiful.Flynrider_imp said:They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.
I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :
![]()
Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
This is what I was looking for about 7 years ago when I realized that my old Nighthawk wasn't going to last forever. I've always leaned more toward the 750 class than the liter bikes. I still love riding my CB750. It's by far the smoothest bike I've owned.Papa Weeley_imp said:That is just...beautiful.Flynrider_imp said:They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.
I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :
![]()
Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
Someone take my money, please.
I can actually see myself trading in my beloved CB11 for that - and I don't make that kind of statement easily, considering how I feel about my bike.
Just, WOW.
This is what I was looking for about 7 years ago when I realized that my old Nighthawk wasn't going to last forever. I've always leaned more toward the 750 class than the liter bikes. I still love riding my CB750. It's by far the smoothest bike I've owned.Flynrider_imp said:This is what I was looking for about 7 years ago when I realized that my old Nighthawk wasn't going to last forever. I've always leaned more toward the 750 class than the liter bikes. I still love riding my CB750. It's by far the smoothest bike I've owned.Papa Weeley_imp said:That is just...beautiful.Flynrider_imp said:They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.
I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :
![]()
Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
Someone take my money, please.
I can actually see myself trading in my beloved CB11 for that - and I don't make that kind of statement easily, considering how I feel about my bike.
Just, WOW.
Then along came the CB1100. Not as light or smooth as the old 750, but the upgraded power, brakes, suspension and fueling make it a pretty good replacement UJM.
