Lord Popgun
Road warrior
Neat article on the CB50R: Silver Dream – Honda CB50R
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hello, I am JCHONDA; the owner of the bike in this discussion and it is still available. The only reason I am selling the bike is my wife wants me to get a trike so she will feel much safer when we ride. This bike is all that BIGHONDA says it is. It is in pristine condition and I would be willing to deliver it within a day's trip from my home. Here is the video link I sent to BIGHONDA. Microsoft OneDriveBighonda14_imp said:I spotted an available DLX that has under 600 miles on it, was purchased about 2 years ago, and has not yet had its initial oil change or any other service done to it. It's battery is on a charger and there is stabilizer in the gas tank and the owner takes it on a brief ride or runs the motor for a bit about once a month.
Would that issue -- a bike of that age and mileage that has never had an oil change -- be a concern for you if you were considering purchasing it?
Thanks for any thoughts.
I have it listed on Craigslist for $9200.00 NADA says retail should be around $8600.00, but the top box is a $735.00 option. I may consider an offer for a real CB1100 lover!dsinned_imp said:Nice video. Beautiful bike. Just out of curiosity, what are you asking for it? (and I wish you lived closer . . . )
I have it listed on Craigslist for $9200.00 NADA says retail should be around $8600.00, but the top box is a $735.00 option. I may consider an offer for a real CB1100 lover! I'm trying to convince my wife I need a 2014 DLX, but I just bought a 2013 a few weeks ago. I live near Granville.JCHONDA_imp said:I have it listed on Craigslist for $9200.00 NADA says retail should be around $8600.00, but the top box is a $735.00 option. I may consider an offer for a real CB1100 lover!dsinned_imp said:Nice video. Beautiful bike. Just out of curiosity, what are you asking for it? (and I wish you lived closer . . . )
I have it listed on Craigslist for $9200.00 NADA says retail should be around $8600.00, but the top box is a $735.00 option. I may consider an offer for a real CB1100 lover! I'm trying to convince my wife I need a 2014 DLX, but I just bought a 2013 a few weeks ago. I live near Granville.rickcb_imp said:I have it listed on Craigslist for $9200.00 NADA says retail should be around $8600.00, but the top box is a $735.00 option. I may consider an offer for a real CB1100 lover! I'm trying to convince my wife I need a 2014 DLX, but I just bought a 2013 a few weeks ago. I live near Granville.JCHONDA_imp said:I have it listed on Craigslist for $9200.00 NADA says retail should be around $8600.00, but the top box is a $735.00 option. I may consider an offer for a real CB1100 lover!dsinned_imp said:Nice video. Beautiful bike. Just out of curiosity, what are you asking for it? (and I wish you lived closer . . . )
Sorry for the confusion, dsinned, but I was the one who bought a 2013. I wanted a 2014 for the 6th gear and gear indicator, but the cheapest one I could find within 100 miles was $8600 + tax for a new one. There were no used 2014's for sale in Central Ohio this spring. I don't ride on the freeway much, so I decided a used 2013 would be good enough. And it has been so far.dsinned_imp said:JCHONDA said, "I'm trying to convince my wife I need a 2014 DLX, but I just bought a 2013 a few weeks ago. I live near Granville."
Two CB1100 is a hard sell to anybody's wife, but if I may ask, WHY did you want a 2013 (CB1100 I presume)? Either way, your wife will have the same complaint about riding together; even more so without a top box.
JCH, see this post with the rules for the classifieds, CB1100 Forum. I have a vague recollection that Guth (the Boss) may have changed on of those requirements but I can't place it.JCHONDA_imp said:Do I have to be on the forum for so long or make so manyposts before I can place an ad in the classifieds???