1982 CBX

Good to hear from you, Retsel. Hope everything’s OK.

A fine specimen of a CBX. Interesting the speedo registers only 85 mph.
 
Cormanus, we have Joan Claybrook to thank for that.
 
Thank you, popgun. I did some reading. What a remarkable decision.
 
You know, after looking at that picture of the Pro-Link CBX, it really occurred to me that Honda created the first modern 'Sport Tourer' with the second generation CBX. Sure, there were other bikes that were factory tourers, or could be made into, as such. But that was really the first bike to do so, from a factory, and thus being well ahead of their time.

Is my memory failing, or am I onto something?
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Soulmachine, let's not forget the R100RS and R100RT. They were available several years before the CBX.
Right, but stock for stock, the CBX has it all over the airheads. Not saying that they weren't good touring bikes. But to get them close to what the second gen CBX was, you'll be spending money...a lot of it.
 
wow that's a lot of jingle for that IMO
 
To be fair, the CBX market has been around for the last 20 years. There just aren't many going around. Guys who have them, know what they got, and tend to keep them.
 
yea but that one sold for about 40% more than any one I have seen. A good CBX used to be had for $10K
 
Phoenix Craigslist has a 1982 CBX for $3900. It is the white with blue. Not mine or anyone I know. Wish I was ten years younger. It has obviously sat somewhere and needs a good going over, but I'd sure like to have gotten it when I could work on it and ride it. Those days are over for me. My bike is listed on Phoenix Craigslist. I will be putting it on our For Sale pages soon. Also, all my accessories, as soon as I get everything organized. I will be staying on the Forum.
Here's a link to the CBX:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/d/mesa-82-honda-cbx/7739481858.html
 
I’m sorry to hear you’re selling, Nachodaddy. Is that the end of riding for you?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I’m sorry to hear you’re selling, Nachodaddy. Is that the end of riding for you?
Thank you, Cormanus. I still ride my bicycle, but the right shoulder replacement limits lifting above my waist to 25lbs, so I have to be careful what I do with that arm. I have taken the CB off and on the center-stand a few times and it creates pain in the shoulder that lasts for a few days. I take that as a signal to be cautious. I can still ride, but it is obvious I am getting rusty. I think it is time to develop other interests.
:biker:
 
:( So sad to learn you have to make that decision Nach. However, you have been forecasting this for quite awhile. With the Model T gone, it will be interesting to witness what will be the next journey.
 
Sorry to hear that Nacho. I often wonder when I will have to make that decision. Not looking forward to it
 
Back
Top