Ferret (or anyone) -- what was the point of the little rubber toe attached to the sidestand foot on late-70's / early-80's Honda's? My '78 CB750F2 had one. I remember the owners manual warned that it would need to be replaced once it wore down -- it even had a wear indicator -- but I don't recall what its purpose was. This CY 50 has one too.
It was to kick the side stand up when ya rode off and left the side stand down. Prior to that the sidestand dug into the geound and jacked the rear wheel off the ground at the first left hander you came to.
Now the bikes wont even start with the side stand down.
Back when Honda was doing the side stand rubber snag thing, Yamaha already supported side stand engine kill, and real working self-cancelling turn signals. Quite the battle between Honda and Yamaha for perk features which I think (?) Honda ultimately won.