Delphisa
Running like a top
Thread starter
I recently recovered some very, very old black and white pictures I took at Le Mans in 1974, when the yearly 24 Hours race "Bol d'Or" was held there, on the Bugatti circuit... (later this race went to Le Castellet, then Magny-Cours). I set out to scan all that... No very good shots there, but good souvenir!
I put all my photos of this race in this album
Geolocation and date/time of shots are very approximate (put in metadata 45 years after the event...)
Here’s a selection, the four least bad pictures!
This bike was already an anachronism, but there was at the time quite a sympathy for the "big singles"... A few minutes before the start, the BSA 500 of Nigel Rollasson and Bernard Berger:

Ready to start there too, Anne-Marie Lagauche and Gabrielle Toigo’s Kawasaki 900, and Peter Hitchcox and Douglas Cash's Dresda Honda

None of the previous bikes finished the race... On second day I tried to get some shots of top 3 bikes... Here is Gerard Debrock, on a Honda 860:

And the winner bike : Kawasaki 1000 (Georges Godier / Alain Genoud)

Jean-Pierre
I put all my photos of this race in this album
Geolocation and date/time of shots are very approximate (put in metadata 45 years after the event...)
Here’s a selection, the four least bad pictures!
This bike was already an anachronism, but there was at the time quite a sympathy for the "big singles"... A few minutes before the start, the BSA 500 of Nigel Rollasson and Bernard Berger:

Ready to start there too, Anne-Marie Lagauche and Gabrielle Toigo’s Kawasaki 900, and Peter Hitchcox and Douglas Cash's Dresda Honda

None of the previous bikes finished the race... On second day I tried to get some shots of top 3 bikes... Here is Gerard Debrock, on a Honda 860:

And the winner bike : Kawasaki 1000 (Georges Godier / Alain Genoud)

Jean-Pierre