DGShannon_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Interesting that he closes with a comment about the CB750 that we hear regarding our CB1100 today, regarding soul.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ha! Had never heard that before! Well done.The ferret_imp said:What Italians call character, Japanese consider design flaws and Germans deny to their graves.. Larry Grodsky

Oh yes, that was a much safer choice! Too funny. I remember a good buddy showing up at my house to show off his new H1. When he got ready to leave, he was going to show off with a burn out. Popped the clutch, and the bike shot backwards, with he and it ending up in a pile in the street. His, and my, first insight into the interesting ability for a 2 stroke to run in reverse!ride4now_imp said:Thanks for sharing this video. I was a few years out from getting into bikes in 69, but I remember the CB750 and Kawasaki's Z1 in 1973. I would have taken either one as my second bike but couldn't afford them when I went to trade in my '71 Yamaha CT1-175. My dad also thought that a smaller bike might be better and safer than this 'Superbike'. So we bought a used 1970 Kawasaki H1 500. No joke... neither one of us knew what we were buying... but I learned REAL QUICK!! I wish I still had that 500 and I always wished that I had owned a 750 or 900 Four back in the day. Which is why I was so excited when Honda came out with the CB1100. I've had two, the 13 and now the 14DLX. The 14 is not going anywhere... except to one of my kids when the time comes!!