17 Honda CB1100 EX For Sale Melbourne, FL

With an asking price that starts at $12,199 and then adding tax, title, license, dealer prep, shipping etc. the bike will climb into a price range that brings a lot of other bikes into consideration. My local dealer quoted me $13.1K on a brand new 2016 RT9 (just as an example and that was with trade in... prob come in lower if it was a cash only deal).
 
My dealer is selling me one for $12,200 with ALL fees and taxes included. It worked out to over $1000 off retail. I added a 5 year warranty for $1000 through Honda. I thought that was a good deal as I essentially got the warranty for free.
 
NEW FOR 2017 - CB1100EX Advertised in NZ with an asking price NZD 19995 + On Road Costs, so about USD 14200 + ORC.

Counties Honda
19 Massey Avenue
Pukekohe, Auckland

BY INDENT ONLY - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED - UP TO 4 MONTH DELAY FROM TIME OF ORDER
REFLECTIVE OF A BY GONE AGE SUPER BIKE
 
So they'll import one for you if you order it, Tyke?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
So they'll import one for you if you order it, Tyke?
Trolling through Trade Me, the NZ version of Ebay, there are 2 dealers, both in Auckland, offering the 2017 CB1100 on indent. Then there are a further 6 for sale throughout the country all with low milage. These are listed as 2010 and what is indicated as 2013 versions but from experience the year of manafacture is not necessarily indicated in the year of registration. I have never seen another on the road here although I know of one other Kiwi member, so I suspect the Dealers that brought them in have been "burnt" by the lack of appreciation for this machine here.
 
What does "on indent" mean?
 
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
My dealer is selling me one for $12,200 with ALL fees and taxes included. It worked out to over $1000 off retail. I added a 5 year warranty for $1000 through Honda. I thought that was a good deal as I essentially got the warranty for free.
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
BamaRider_imp said:
Did they say when it would deliver?
Next week.
Next week.
Tsu came in and reported-

"Next week." When I asked when it would deliver, and got everybody salivating. So I'm hoping next week also. My dealer advised 2 weeks, last week, so maybe I'm next.

Mine was 11,500 out the door, everything but the tag. I might add the warranty when I check out. I was advised the CB was eligible for the special Honda Finance, what was you experience on that?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What does "on indent" mean?
Honda CB1100 CB1100RS 2017
BY INDENT ONLY - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED - UP TO 4 MONTH DELAY FROM TIME OF ORDER

From my experience indent orders are either on payment of a deposit or full amount. Must say the RS advertised does look appealing and cheaper here than the Thruxton by about NZD3000.
 
Thanks Tyke.

Thats a pretty good savings over the Thruxton.
 
BamaRider_imp said:
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
My dealer is selling me one for $12,200 with ALL fees and taxes included. It worked out to over $1000 off retail. I added a 5 year warranty for $1000 through Honda. I thought that was a good deal as I essentially got the warranty for free.
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
BamaRider_imp said:
Did they say when it would deliver?
Next week.
Next week.
Tsu came in and reported-

"Next week." When I asked when it would deliver, and got everybody salivating. So I'm hoping next week also. My dealer advised 2 weeks, last week, so maybe I'm next.

Mine was 11,500 out the door, everything but the tag. I might add the warranty when I check out. I was advised the CB was eligible for the special Honda Finance, what was you experience on that?
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
BamaRider_imp said:
Did they say when it would deliver?
Next week.
Next week.
Tsu came in and reported-

"Next week." When I asked when it would deliver, and got everybody salivating. So I'm hoping next week also. My dealer advised 2 weeks, last week, so maybe I'm next.

Mine was 11,500 out the door, everything but the tag. I might add the warranty when I check out. I was advised the CB was eligible for the special Honda Finance, what was you experience on that?
How did you swing $11,500 OTD!? I thought I strong armed them to get $12,200 OTD before the warranty. Taxes alone are about $800 plus set-up and licensing. The total discount was over a grand for sure. $11,500 is a really good price.
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What does "on indent" mean?
Honda CB1100 CB1100RS 2017
BY INDENT ONLY - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED - UP TO 4 MONTH DELAY FROM TIME OF ORDER

From my experience indent orders are either on payment of a deposit or full amount. Must say the RS advertised does look appealing and cheaper here than the Thruxton by about NZD3000.
Honda CB1100 CB1100RS 2017
BY INDENT ONLY - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED - UP TO 4 MONTH DELAY FROM TIME OF ORDER

From my experience indent orders are either on payment of a deposit or full amount. Must say the RS advertised does look appealing and cheaper here than the Thruxton by about NZD3000.
I'm assuming this means that, if you pay them what they want, they'll import it from Japan for you. I think Australia will be allowing that to happen without the current grief it entails from next year. Currently, you may have to have the bike modified to meet Australian vehicle design rules which adds significantly to the cost. From 2018, brand new vehicles from countries with equivalent design rules will be able to be imported without penalty and, I think, without having to pay some taxes. For cars the sources are a bit limited as they'll have to be right hand drive—limiting it to Britain and Japan probably—but motor bikes may be a bit more interesting.
 
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
BamaRider_imp said:
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
My dealer is selling me one for $12,200 with ALL fees and taxes included. It worked out to over $1000 off retail. I added a 5 year warranty for $1000 through Honda. I thought that was a good deal as I essentially got the warranty for free.
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
BamaRider_imp said:
Did they say when it would deliver?
Next week.
Next week.
Tsu came in and reported-

"Next week." When I asked when it would deliver, and got everybody salivating. So I'm hoping next week also. My dealer advised 2 weeks, last week, so maybe I'm next.

Mine was 11,500 out the door, everything but the tag. I might add the warranty when I check out. I was advised the CB was eligible for the special Honda Finance, what was you experience on that?
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
BamaRider_imp said:
Did they say when it would deliver?
Next week.
Next week.
Tsu came in and reported-

"Next week." When I asked when it would deliver, and got everybody salivating. So I'm hoping next week also. My dealer advised 2 weeks, last week, so maybe I'm next.

Mine was 11,500 out the door, everything but the tag. I might add the warranty when I check out. I was advised the CB was eligible for the special Honda Finance, what was you experience on that?
How did you swing $11,500 OTD!? I thought I strong armed them to get $12,200 OTD before the warranty. Taxes alone are about $800 plus set-up and licensing. The total discount was over a grand for sure. $11,500 is a really good price.
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
BamaRider_imp said:
Did they say when it would deliver?
Next week.
Next week.
Tsu came in and reported-

"Next week." When I asked when it would deliver, and got everybody salivating. So I'm hoping next week also. My dealer advised 2 weeks, last week, so maybe I'm next.

Mine was 11,500 out the door, everything but the tag. I might add the warranty when I check out. I was advised the CB was eligible for the special Honda Finance, what was you experience on that?
How did you swing $11,500 OTD!? I thought I strong armed them to get $12,200 OTD before the warranty. Taxes alone are about $800 plus set-up and licensing. The total discount was over a grand for sure. $11,500 is a really good price.
This will be my 4th purchase from this dealer (2001 ST 1100, 2004 ST 1300, 2014 FJR). Plus I use being "The BamaRider" as a sticking point. "You know if you sell me this bike, I'll sell 3 or more for ya." Over the years I've sold a number of STs and FJRs by referral.

Funny, I didn't think I was getting that good a deal, but I'm in lust for the CB 1100, heck I woulda paid full retail for it, but I didn't tell them that.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What does "on indent" mean?
Honda CB1100 CB1100RS 2017
BY INDENT ONLY - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED - UP TO 4 MONTH DELAY FROM TIME OF ORDER

From my experience indent orders are either on payment of a deposit or full amount. Must say the RS advertised does look appealing and cheaper here than the Thruxton by about NZD3000.
Honda CB1100 CB1100RS 2017
BY INDENT ONLY - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED - UP TO 4 MONTH DELAY FROM TIME OF ORDER

From my experience indent orders are either on payment of a deposit or full amount. Must say the RS advertised does look appealing and cheaper here than the Thruxton by about NZD3000.
I'm assuming this means that, if you pay them what they want, they'll import it from Japan for you. I think Australia will be allowing that to happen without the current grief it entails from next year. Currently, you may have to have the bike modified to meet Australian vehicle design rules which adds significantly to the cost. From 2018, brand new vehicles from countries with equivalent design rules will be able to be imported without penalty and, I think, without having to pay some taxes. For cars the sources are a bit limited as they'll have to be right hand drive—limiting it to Britain and Japan probably—but motor bikes may be a bit more interesting.
Honda CB1100 CB1100RS 2017
BY INDENT ONLY - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INVITED - UP TO 4 MONTH DELAY FROM TIME OF ORDER

From my experience indent orders are either on payment of a deposit or full amount. Must say the RS advertised does look appealing and cheaper here than the Thruxton by about NZD3000.
I'm assuming this means that, if you pay them what they want, they'll import it from Japan for you. I think Australia will be allowing that to happen without the current grief it entails from next year. Currently, you may have to have the bike modified to meet Australian vehicle design rules which adds significantly to the cost. From 2018, brand new vehicles from countries with equivalent design rules will be able to be imported without penalty and, I think, without having to pay some taxes. For cars the sources are a bit limited as they'll have to be right hand drive—limiting it to Britain and Japan probably—but motor bikes may be a bit more interesting. Interesting Cormanus, I was actually contemplating shipping my CB to Aussie as I would like to get some trips in with my younger brother who lives near Goulburn. Now I will have to do some fact finding.
 
Bama, Nice! Well, all said and done, I am happy paying $13,200 OTD with a 5 year warranty. It is feels good to be paying money for high build quality instead of a bunch of electronic doo dads and fancy plastic like a lot of "high end" bikes these days.
 
I got all excited at reading 2017 EX and Melbourne in the same sentence for about 1.5 seconds.

Thanks for the stoke. Even just a brief one.

Hey Tyke... if you find out more about shipping costs and methods please share. Planning on leaving the bike here and needing a carer by any chance ?
 
If anybody is considering picking up a new CB and are planning on, thinking about adding a warranty, let me know. I am able to sell Honda Protection Plans (also Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawi). I'd love to he able to make myself a couple bucks and try to beat whatever price your dealer offered. Each dealer sets their own price for these contracts, so I can sell them for whatever I want as long as it turns a profit.
 
Back
Top