?17 chrome headlight bucket on my ?14

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Fits no problem. Very happy with the result.

36759d71dbeac432851c5135490fc07e.jpg

6d6c55e1fdda5dc5356ed8a284c66fb1.jpg

72db6cfe08e78cb60deea1c9654093c7.jpg

b3b2f11be635179272f3bb18719b80a5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks. I have a way of doing that it seems. A couple people did the handlebars I found, a couple people did the '17 SDBV forks. A guy or 2 did the mirrors. Another guy ground his cyl fins silver after I did- but that only cost him time, and I guess consumables for whatever tool he used. :)

That's what makes this community great. I would have never known about the Staintune muffler if I hadn't come here.

The headlight bucket is quick and easy to do. I didn't disconnect anything other than the plug to the bulb. Everything else I just slowly worked through the hole as is.

Now if I get positive results out of the '17 airbox snorkel on the dyno, or the camshafts I am having built- I'd imagine others will follow.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Fits no problem. Very happy with the result.

36759d71dbeac432851c5135490fc07e.jpg

6d6c55e1fdda5dc5356ed8a284c66fb1.jpg

72db6cfe08e78cb60deea1c9654093c7.jpg

b3b2f11be635179272f3bb18719b80a5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PD,
Where did you get this HONDA emblem from???

TQ

pb
 
Thread starter
Got the fork badge on EBay. It is for an early 80’s CB.

It came with a bracket, that I bent to fit and drilled a hole in the middle to mount onto the existing horn stud while lowering the horns.

It isn’t perfect, but I like the look. If you search EBay for Honda fork badge there are numerous options.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Thanks. I have a way of doing that it seems. A couple people did the handlebars I found, a couple people did the '17 SDBV forks. A guy or 2 did the mirrors. Another guy ground his cyl fins silver after I did- but that only cost him time, and I guess consumables for whatever tool he used. :)

That's what makes this community great. I would have never known about the Staintune muffler if I hadn't come here.

The headlight bucket is quick and easy to do. I didn't disconnect anything other than the plug to the bulb. Everything else I just slowly worked through the hole as is.

Now if I get positive results out of the '17 airbox snorkel on the dyno, or the camshafts I am having built- I'd imagine others will follow.
I might follow suit on the seat if it fits a '13. Old school grab bar looks good also. Nice job.
 
I'm really interested in doing this. You just ordered the bucket and the trim ring and glass from the 14 fit back on it? Do you happen to know the part number? I can't keep it straight which one is the EX and which one is the RS bucket, the last thing I want is to order another black one :/
 
The EX model is the CB1100 CA AC. The headlight shell is P/N 61301-MGC-JB0. But for Pete’s sake check that at partsfish.com or somewhere like that before you order it. Or buy it through Samurider and be clear what you want.
 
I did put the chrome 2017 headlight bucket on my 2014 , looks very nice.

Part is called : Case, Headlight 61301-MGC-JBO
The rim and glass of your 2014 will fit perfectly on the 2017 bucket.
I bought it from PartsFish.com and payed $ 120 which included shipping.
 
Houtman and I posted at the same time with the same part #. So it must be right. Or ...
 
Thread starter
A K&H I ordered from Takashi (Samurider)

If you go to K&H's actual website they have all sorts of options if you look at the different pages and piece them together. You have to google translate though- at least last time I checked. Then just tell Takashi what you want.
 
Back
Top