150/70-18 tire selection

casey66_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
thinking about this size for a new rear tire. seems like they are bias ply instead of radial. does that matter? I see Battlax bt46 and Metzeler ME888 in this size. Any more suggestion ?
 
Thread starter
I also found an Avon AV92 in this size. It is V speed rated and the others are H if that matters.
 
I would not replace a radial tire with a bias tire.
Despite the Dunlop link in the previous post, I have no clue as to why Triumph puts a bias on the front and a radial on the rear of the Street Twin, Street Cup, Street Scrambler, Bonneville T100, Bonneville T120, but not the Thruxton.

Speed ratings:
U 124 MPH
H 130
V 149
W 168
 
I''m about to replace my metz z8 interact rear tire w/ a 150/70-r18 Pirelli Rally STR tire. it also comes in 110/80-r18 front tire

04634e365e58dcd5c4d7a6cc924059ef.jpg
 
jedd_imp said:
I''m about to replace my metz z8 interact rear tire w/ a 150/70-r18 Pirelli Rally STR tire. it also comes in 110/80-r18 front tire

04634e365e58dcd5c4d7a6cc924059ef.jpg
Do look at the Continental Trail Attack tires as well , I have them on my bikes and really like them. (90/10 road /trail )
 
Hi Doc, enjoyed the Dunlop article, thanks.

Many sport bikes today will exceed 168 mph top speed; what rating comes after "W"?

Speed ratings:
U 124 MPH
H 130
V 149
W 168
[/QUOTE]
 
here's the STR 150/70-r18 tire mounted
76d701e19815b6b131f00c33c3aa435a.jpg


i won't be installing the rear wheel until after my big riding trip, but
here's what it should look like....
5bc8e8bd976ff5d30565fb2152fa3806.jpg



7791f856699bf5828caf523068a978b4.jpg
 
that looks like a pretty aggressive street tire. Bummer they don't make more in that size. Would be nice to have a little bit taller tire that is meant for the 4" rim.
Maybe time to update the registration on the bike too?
 
For offroad like tires for the rear,
whatever's avail for the adv bikes (in 150/70-18)
will fit the cb's 18 x 4 rim & clear the swingarm.

I'm not looking to convert my cb into a scrambler, just wanted a tire to keep me going when the pavement ends.
This STR tire is working out great so far.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
....not as much as i'd like, but hopefully this will change moving forward...

f346173ca54b3b4ecd89f0fb1d435426.jpg
Gonna think about any offroad-like tires?

Convert the CB1100 into a scrambler configuration?
Gonna think about any offroad-like tires?

Convert the CB1100 into a scrambler configuration?
That makes me cringe for your chrome headers. :-/
 
Back
Top