145$ for the set of rotors on ebay.

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hey guys, I was holding off on the set of front rotors that were warped on my cb because they cost so much... been keeping my eye open and found a seller on ebay selling the pair of our rotors for 145$. For the price I ordered them and they came in. Look identical to ours, apparently they're 420 steel on the outer ring and aluminum on the inner according to their specs they're oem. I just messaged the seller to see what kind of pads they suggest. Figured someone else on here might need a good deal on rotors so here ya go.

cb1100 rotor pair on ebay

Tried to post pictures but it wont allow me to upload them due to file size of the screenshot?
 
Thread starter
Much appreciated, I know I've asked about the photos before just haven't figured out how to downsize mine
 
mkv24, what do you use to post on the forum—computer, tablet, phone?
 
For the price I ordered them and they came in. Look identical to ours.

So, you bought brake rotors from China?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
mkv24, what do you use to post on the forum—computer, tablet, phone?
I use an samsung galaxy for majority if my time in the site.
Dave_imp said:
For the price I ordered them and they came in. Look identical to ours.

So, you bought brake rotors from China?
Yes, that's where honda also gets their brake rotors
 

Yes, that's where honda also gets their brake rotors

That's not accurate. CB1100 rotors are actually made in Japan, as are those on Goldwings, CBR1000RR and CBR600RR and a few others. These "premium" bikes are primarily Japanese content.

While China still supplies many parts, and manufactures some of the sub-150cc bikes and scooters, it is no longer as advantageous as before.
Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Vietnam are the new China.

Honda his shifted parts manufacturing and bike assembly to their own plants in Thailand now, where labor is cheaper, and the line of communications is better. The CBR300R and CB300F, and the 500 and 650 series are made in Thailand, while the CB300R is made in Indonesia.
[/QUOTE]
 
mvk24_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
mkv24, what do you use to post on the forum—computer, tablet, phone?
I use an samsung galaxy for majority if my time in the site.
Dave_imp said:
For the price I ordered them and they came in. Look identical to ours.

So, you bought brake rotors from China?
Yes, that's where honda also gets their brake rotors
I use an samsung galaxy for majority if my time in the site.
mvk24, pictures uploaded to the site for storage can be no larger than 250kb, so, generally, you have to find some way to reduce the size of nearly all photos.

You may find it easier to download Tapatalk for browsing the forum and upload pictures through it as it manages file size problems by storing the photos itself.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
mkv24, what do you use to post on the forum—computer, tablet, phone?
I use an samsung galaxy for majority if my time in the site.
Dave_imp said:
For the price I ordered them and they came in. Look identical to ours.

So, you bought brake rotors from China?
Yes, that's where honda also gets their brake rotors
I use an samsung galaxy for majority if my time in the site.
mvk24, pictures uploaded to the site for storage can be no larger than 250kb, so, generally, you have to find some way to reduce the size of nearly all photos.

You may find it easier to download Tapatalk for browsing the forum and upload pictures through it as it manages file size problems by storing the photos itself.
I use an samsung galaxy for majority if my time in the site.
mvk24, pictures uploaded to the site for storage can be no larger than 250kb, so, generally, you have to find some way to reduce the size of nearly all photos.

You may find it easier to download Tapatalk for browsing the forum and upload pictures through it as it manages file size problems by storing the photos itself.
Very cool thank you, I see the tapatalk download option pop up everytime I'm on the site so I'll download it now!
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
Yes, that's where honda also gets their brake rotors

That's not accurate. CB1100 rotors are actually made in Japan, as are those on Goldwings, CBR1000RR and CBR600RR and a few others. These "premium" bikes are primarily Japanese content.

While China still supplies many parts, and manufactures some of the sub-150cc bikes and scooters, it is no longer as advantageous as before.
Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Vietnam are the new China.

Honda his shifted parts manufacturing and bike assembly to their own plants in Thailand now, where labor is cheaper, and the line of communications is better. The CBR300R and CB300F, and the 500 and 650 series are made in Thailand, while the CB300R is made in Indonesia.
[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Looks like I stand corrected, appreciate the insight! I know a large amount of Harley parts are being made in mexico for quite a few years now also.
 
It's impossible to say where anything comes from these days. Who would have thought 10 years ago Harley, BMW and KTM would be getting parts and bikes from India.
 
If some economists are correct, that is likely to change post COVID-19. They're predicting that a good deal of manufacturing will return "home" in western countries with the labour cost being lowered by the use of automation.
 
Thread starter
Yes things are definitely changing due to Covid it seems. Its delayed all kinds of manufacturing. it looks like Harley is not releasing any of those new models (streetfighter, Pan America). Royal Enfield looks delayed at releasing a larger Himalayan for the American market. (I believe it was supposed to be a 650).

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Had to wait for a wheel balancer to come in since I'm trying out the Metzler Roadtecs also. While I was at it I ordered the triumph fork gaitors and gonna install those also.

Are warped rotors visibly supposed to look bent or anything? As I lay the old rotors over the new they look perfectly straight and flat all the way around ontop of the new ones and I didnt get any weird measurements with the micrometer around the old ones?

I definitely had the low speed pulsing on the front end when I was coming to a stop. Either way, putting the new rotors on. I'm still getting a perfect 4.4mm on the old rotors all the way around. Still plenty of life of them if warping wasnt a question. The new rotors are 4.5mm all around...

eac3c166918249c8c0737aa2bba82ccc.jpg
fb87ffdf36103f5c11b4ecbe021839a7.jpg
c8601d80308c8520498c2786771c2491.jpg
1bac612644090fec0476be480035606e.jpg
c37141f8de1d51b6e6b43ee5bcce6f5b.jpg
6a692228e4556c0e627c7d940704771c.jpg
88dd72a8a92c42c2037a1041228d2699.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
This is the rust inhibitor my local advanced auto parts had. Gonna give the tubes a wipe down and spray some of this in the gaitors as it looks other guys have had some moisture issues.
103fcd08bd5d2d1cd90da0219c69f217.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Also using a Seal Mate from motion pro to make sure my seals are nice and clean before I put the gators on. This tool has saved me from having to replace fork seals in the past. Alot of the dirt guys use these. I've heard you can also use an old insurance or blockbuster card :)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
6942f39a94ee920aff265d8db6258d82.jpg
2ead65b8c7649f67b82ab76066c484b7.jpg
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Good report&pics, awaiting final road test as to brakes pulsation.
:biker:
Thanks, standby I should find out in another 2 hours or so. Deciding it I was t to use the steel ties they gave me for the gaitors or just black zip ties...
cdead69963b5758a6bb514c7fbb1a531.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
You seem to have got that hang of pictures, make. :thumbsup:
 
That hose clamp looks to be way too long...
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
You seem to have got that hang of pictures, make. :thumbsup:
Yes! I'm going to be able to do alot of show and tell and how to's now for the future !

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Lord Popgun_imp said:
That hose clamp looks to be way too long...
Yea I decided not to use them. 2 black zip ties did the job and itll be easy to remove them and move the gaitors up and down to make sure I'm not having moisture build up or anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Be sure there are a couple of holes in the pleats of the fork boots to let air in and out, and so they don't distort when they compress/expand.
The Triumph ones have them, and they should face the back. If yours don't have the holes, you might consider putting some in. They are right above the level of the fork wipers to let water and condensation come out.
 
Back
Top