14 Yoshimura rs3 on a 13 cb1100

Ryanizzle_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just want to confirm that both the 13 and 14 yoshi slip ons don't have any significant fitment issues (from what I've read there's some center stand issues?) before I pull the trigger on a 14 slip to fit onto a 13 bike. I've read posts about people fitting the 13 slip on with a 14 std for the removeable baffle, but never the other way around (the 14 is on sale and I don't mind the permanent baffle).

Also, I'm curious about whether or not the Signature series requires a fuel remap. Yoshimura's site explicity states no remap required for the Street series, but not direct mention for the Signature series. It's kind of a big deal since the 14 is a Signature and the 13 is a Street:

2013 Street series:
Yoshimura RS3 Street Slip-On Exhaust Honda CB1100 2013 - RevZilla

2014 Signature series:
Motorcycle Parts | Your Online Motorcycle Parts Store! - RevZilla

Also, I live in CA so the nasty highway disclosure on the 13 street series makes me cringe :s

The gerneal consensus I've read all over the internet is neither require a remap, but if someone knows something I might have misssed, that info would be much appreciated.
 
The 14 muffler is not much louder than stock so I ask you (and myself), why bother? If you buy the 14 muffler, you get a bracket for the 14 cycle. Many guys have bought the 13 removable baffler muffler and purchased the 14 bracket separately. The muffler looks the same and is easy to install. The pain is installing the special bracket so the center stand can still be used. It will hang about 1" lower but so far, that has not presented a problem. BTW, I've heard a cycle with the baffle removed and it is much louder than my 14 Yoshi muffler.
 
Thread starter
My main priorities are weight reduction and exhaust note, not so much the volume or even performance. I don't expect a CARB-compliant muffler to be very loud; as long as it's an improvement from the stock exhaust note I'm happy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Considered a Staintune?
 
Thread starter
I love the look and sound of the staintune, just not its price haha

Maybe if I decided to pass on the Yoshi and just happened to find someone selling their staintune on the forum on the cheap would be the only scenario where I'd get one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
White Dog_imp said:
The 14 muffler is not much louder than stock so I ask you (and myself), why bother? If you buy the 14 muffler, you get a bracket for the 14 cycle. Many guys have bought the 13 removable baffler muffler and purchased the 14 bracket separately. The muffler looks the same and is easy to install. The pain is installing the special bracket so the center stand can still be used. It will hang about 1" lower but so far, that has not presented a problem. BTW, I've heard a cycle with the baffle removed and it is much louder than my 14 Yoshi muffler.
Not sure why you think that. The RS3 with baffle inserted is much louder than stock.
 
White Dog..I think he just has a different opinion. his opinions are his thoughts, the same as yours are yours. Let's keep it civil.
 
Thread starter
I've decided to pull the trigger on the '13 slip on instead based on the better potential resale value of the removable baffle. And since it's a street series, I can assume no remap is required.

As for CA emissions, I looked around Yosimura's site one last time and found out they are both definitely CARB compliant; it just irks me that revzilla flags the '13 muffler as non-compliant, but I'm assuming it's because of the removable baffle. At least they can still sell to CA customers.

What I'll have to show any try-hard cop who pulls me over:
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/emissions-compliance/#HONDA


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
White Dog..I think he just has a different opinion. his opinions are his thoughts, the same as yours are yours. Let's keep it civil.
Ferret, I deleted my message. I couldn't help but notice you had edited it, as well. Is this common practice on this board? Are you saying I was at fault for questioning the validity of a new poster's comments? He is entitled to state an opposing view but he cannot question my thinking, contrary to what he wrote. My thinking belongs to me--only.
 
White Dog_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
White Dog..I think he just has a different opinion. his opinions are his thoughts, the same as yours are yours. Let's keep it civil.
Ferret, I deleted my message. I couldn't help but notice you had edited it, as well. Is this common practice on this board? Are you saying I was at fault for questioning the validity of a new poster's comments? He is entitled to state an opposing view but he cannot question my thinking, contrary to what he wrote. My thinking belongs to me--only.
Ferret, I deleted my message. I couldn't help but notice you had edited it, as well. Is this common practice on this board? Are you saying I was at fault for questioning the validity of a new poster's comments? He is entitled to state an opposing view but he cannot question my thinking, contrary to what he wrote. My thinking belongs to me--only.
So because I'm a newer poster my opinion is invalid? I have ridden the CB with both stock exhaust and the RS-3. The RS-3 is absolutely louder than stock. You are really worked up over this.
 
Post count is not a sign of knowledge, experience or validity.

Isn't an "opinion" another term for "personal thought"?

Gentlemen, we all have opinions/experiences/thoughts and sometimes they differ. That's ok, and it's to be expected that differing views are going to be expressed here. It's ok to disagree, but when it becomes uncomfortably disagreeable or personal I step in and sometimes I edit posts. That's my job. So yes, it is common practice on this board, has since day one, although not often put into practice, and will continue to be the practice here.
 
Yah, one of the things I like about this forum is that it's mostly civil. No need to get riled up over a simple difference of opinions.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Yah, one of the things I like about this forum is that it's mostly civil. No need to get riled up over a simple difference of opinions.
Amen :thanks:
 
olekzap_imp said:
White Dog_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
White Dog..I think he just has a different opinion. his opinions are his thoughts, the same as yours are yours. Let's keep it civil.
Ferret, I deleted my message. I couldn't help but notice you had edited it, as well. Is this common practice on this board? Are you saying I was at fault for questioning the validity of a new poster's comments? He is entitled to state an opposing view but he cannot question my thinking, contrary to what he wrote. My thinking belongs to me--only.
Ferret, I deleted my message. I couldn't help but notice you had edited it, as well. Is this common practice on this board? Are you saying I was at fault for questioning the validity of a new poster's comments? He is entitled to state an opposing view but he cannot question my thinking, contrary to what he wrote. My thinking belongs to me--only.
So because I'm a newer poster my opinion is invalid? I have ridden the CB with both stock exhaust and the RS-3. The RS-3 is absolutely louder than stock. You are really worked up over this.
Ferret, I deleted my message. I couldn't help but notice you had edited it, as well. Is this common practice on this board? Are you saying I was at fault for questioning the validity of a new poster's comments? He is entitled to state an opposing view but he cannot question my thinking, contrary to what he wrote. My thinking belongs to me--only.
So because I'm a newer poster my opinion is invalid? I have ridden the CB with both stock exhaust and the RS-3. The RS-3 is absolutely louder than stock. You are really worked up over this.
olekzap "Not sure why you think that" terminology sort of hit a sensitive spot with me. Maybe if you had just said "I disagree" we would not be having these conversations.
 
Well, that's the thing about communication through the written word. There's no intonation or emotive clues to further clarify the person's intent. There's emojis but it's just not the same.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
 
I can certainly say that the 13 yosh on my 14 is way louder and nicer than stock. When it was delivered with the removable baffle which was packed separate i laughed and threw it in the tool box and said, yea, like ill ever use that, lol.
Lets face it, there are four main reasons why we change the exhaust anyway, which order you choose is your own but they are 1. Sound, wheather louder, better or sweeter note. 2. Looks, imo anything looks better than stock. 3. Weight reduction. 4. Performance, weather its a little or major mods with alot, their is always a touch of improvement of some kind. We all know we want to be a little louder, a little faster and a little cooler to some degree, lol.
 
Back
Top