12 volt power port

vfrpaul98_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
12 volt power port for battery tender, heated clothing or any other 12 volt needs. port and harness connect to battery through a inline fuse. home made mount out of 1"x1"x1/6" aluminum angle cut and shaped to fit .:)
Paul.
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
12 volt power port for battery tender, heated clothing or any other 12 volt needs. port and harness connect to battery through a inline fuse. home made mount out of 1"x1"x1/6" aluminum angle cut and shaped to fit .:)
Paul.
Excellent work and another of my needed accessories. Any chance you could duplicate the pieces and provide mounting instructions? Obviously, I'd pay you for time and materials and, of course, a beer.

With power and screen done, may I suggest your next upgrade should be luggage. If you get that sorted out, I'll be all set... uhh I mean YOU will be all set. :D
 
Thread starter

made bag support mounts today to support my small bags. these with my seat bag and tank bag will allow my multi-overniters.:D
Paul
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
made bag support mounts today to support my small bags. these with my seat bag and tank bag will allow my multi-overniters.:D
Paul
They look nice but are too small for my needs. Also, I'd this post into a separate thread on luggage (I don't think many people looking to see luggage options would think to look in a thread titled 12 volt power outlet :D
 
Did I imagine this or did you not post a link to the specific parts you used? If so, can you please repost the links or point me in the right direction? I've had my bike for two weeks now and haven't done anything to it yet so I am starting to get the shakes.
 
oldgoat01_imp said:
Did I imagine this or did you not post a link to the specific parts you used? If so, can you please repost the links or point me in the right direction? I've had my bike for two weeks now and haven't done anything to it yet so I am starting to get the shakes.
Dang oldgoat, get with the program! Get something for it!!:D
oldgoat01_imp said:
Did I imagine this or did you not post a link to the specific parts you used? If so, can you please repost the links or point me in the right direction? I've had my bike for two weeks now and haven't done anything to it yet so I am starting to get the shakes.
Dang oldgoat, get with the program! Get something for it!!:D
 
Well done!!!!!I am very excited to see that you have lot of knowledge about it So,if any body wants to share any information about it then please share me dude?:)
 
Thanks for the post, Paul. With winter coming I'm looking to add a 12vdc outlet myself.

Could you post some words on how you mounted the outlet? It looks like you drilled out a hole for it, but not sure.

Gary, I like your outlet kit. I wonder if a handlebar mount would work for it; it probably wouldn't be too hard to bend and drill one out of aluminum bar stock.
 
Thread starter
the mounting bracket I made out of a piece of 1"x1"x1/16" aluminum angle with 1 hole drilled for mounting the bracket to the upper fork crown pinch bolt, I also drilled a hole to mount the port to the bracket.make a pattern out of thin cardboard to suit your design space and transfer the pattern details to the aluminum angle. cut and drill the pattern, file and finish with fine sand paper. the fused harness connects directly to the battery, run the harness under the left side of the fuel tank and exit its end just above the bikes main harness. the port harness end plugs in here. mount your port to your bracket and attachet it to the fork crown pinch bolt. feed the port wire harness down to the fused harness and connect.wrap the connection with electrical tape to weather proof. tie wrap the connection to the bikes main harness to secure
the port and fused harness are supplied by gerbings.com. they can be order from twisted throttle.com or other supplyers.
the port part number is #ACPM, the fused harness part is#ACHB, the coax to sae adapter part # ACADM
 
VFR, your setup is fantastic, especially because the coax power port is so unobtrusive and your aluminum bracket looks so OEM. A couple of my older bikes have SAE power ports for battery tenders and the SAE connector is very weather / vibration resistant; however, it doesn't look good when exposed on a handlebar mounting (whereas the coax looks great).
 
Back
Top