1150 Four Artwork

Captain Klutz_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Folks, I decided to get a bit artsy (artistic?) over the past week, grabbed an old 750 Four emblem, surgically removed the digit "7", played around with various forms of 1s, and ended up with this vectorized new emblem.

I hear you scream. Some with joy, some in pain. Please take a moment and let me explain.

Why not 1100 Four? Easy. Because what we ride is not an 1100. The label may say so, but that's due to some out-of-whack marketing department. What kind of company makes those number smaller than the actual cc displacement? Only the goofies from uh, uhm, well you know who I mean. It's an 1140 cc engine; that's closer to 1150 than 1100. But more importantly, and I know this is going to convince anyone, no matter how hardcore you may think you are: What rhymes with Seven fifty? Eleven fifty! Not Eleven Hundred. I really had no choice here.

If you are still not convinced, feel free to use the SVG linked below and knock yourself out. Make it an 1100 Four. Or an 1140 Four. The file is there for everyone to use and abuse. There are companies that make adhesive stickers, or stitch it on your favorite t-shirt, jacket, seat for a few bucks.

I hereby explicitly encourage everyone to grab the SVG file, modify it to your liking with colors, patterns, gradients and present your result in this thread.
The SVG has two layers named "Outline" and "GlyphFill". The GlyphFill has two separate outlines with the colors for "1150" and "Four"; I leave it to you to guess what the outline is. I used the open source program inkscape to draw the SVG. Most browsers can also render SVG (Firefox certainly can) and with Control-Mousewheel you can adjust the size in a wide range.

PNG image file (not SVG):


The corresponding Scalable Vector Graphics file is [url=http://www.schweikhardt.net/1150Four-E.svg]http://www.schweikhardt.net/1150Four-E.svg

(The forum software refuses *.svg as attachments; Ferret, Guth, if you want to change this...?)
 
" What kind of company makes those number smaller than the actual cc displacement? Only the goofies from uh, uhm, well you know who I mean"

Uh Bavaria? Try figuring out the displacement on BMW Scooters and small ADV bikes (Hint the name won't help you) 650's, 650's, 700's, 800's all with the same motor. It's maddening.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Too cool. I was able to open the attachment.
Yup, that was a large PNG image file created from the SVG. If you want to play with the image, I recommend the SVG and an SVG editor like inkscape (or the free Scribus; there are probably tons of commercial SVG editors as well). Gimp also works.

To wet your appetite, with inkscape's "Filters -> Bevels -> Bright Metal" this is just a few clicks:
 
Captain Klutz_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Too cool. I was able to open the attachment.
Yup, that was a large PNG image file created from the SVG. If you want to play with the image, I recommend the SVG and an SVG editor like inkscape (or the free Scribus; there are probably tons of commercial SVG editors as well). Gimp also works.

To wet your appetite, with inkscape's "Filters -> Bevels -> Bright Metal" this is just a few clicks:
Yup, that was a large PNG image file created from the SVG. If you want to play with the image, I recommend the SVG and an SVG editor like inkscape (or the free Scribus; there are probably tons of commercial SVG editors as well). Gimp also works.

To wet your appetite, with inkscape's "Filters -> Bevels -> Bright Metal" this is just a few clicks:
Thank you so much Captain, I am having so much fun with the software and the file you posted. I have to make a tee shirt...Vistapring let you upload your pdf files, so...
 
Back
Top