1100RS v 1100 EX riding position

Hairymonster

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi All,

Newbie here, currently running a '79 Goldwing. Looking to change to something a bit more up to date.

I love the looks of the 1100RS, though feel the 1100EX riding position - more upright - would suit my arthritic bones better.

Is the only difference the flatter bars on the RS? Could I therefore use bar risers or fit 1100EX bars to remedy this?

Thanks in advance

HM
 
Hairymonster said:
Hi All,

Newbie here, currently running a '79 Goldwing. Looking to change to something a bit more up to date.

I love the looks of the 1100RS, though feel the 1100EX riding position - more upright - would suit my arthritic bones better.

Is the only difference the flatter bars on the RS? Could I therefore use bar risers or fit 1100EX bars to remedy this?

Thanks in advance

HM

Welcome. There are also differences in the suspension. The RS is a sportier ride. The EX is more relaxed. I own an EX and find it to be a perfect ride for a mature rider. Here is a nice summary with more details. David

Honda CB1100 EX and CB1100 RS (2017) - first ride and Review
 
Howdy and welcome to the forum
 
rdprdp01 said:

Pointedly, from the article...

"Or, to put it another way, where at first I preferred the EX thinking it the better, classier, more rounded bike, by the end of our ride I loved them both, but for distinctly different reasons."

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search; I'm wondering if availability might also affect your decision.
 
Back
Top