107* Here Today!!!

FUZZY_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Needed to put Motech bars on, just too dang hot. So she got to come inside & soak up some AC. I'm even gonna give her a blanket for the night.

 
HikerToo_imp said:
Here in the Mid-Atlantic, we've had the wettest June in history, and more rain tomorrow.
The eastern seaboard rain has put a crimp in riding. My wife and I have already been soaked twice this month by pop-up t-storms. Keeping a eye out for a break in the rain today.

That said, 100 plus degree riding isn't much fun either.
 
Seems to rain about every other hoir here in the Ohio Valley lately. Sucks. Look for a patch of blue sky and ride for an hour. Still no guarantees you wont get wet. The other day it was sprinkling and the sky was a Robins egg blue.

Weather has been a hell of a retirement present ...grrrrr
 
Thread starter
In 2010 I made trip from here to Sturgis in August. Average temp was 105*. Made it in 2 days. Came home in 2 1/2 days. You get to find out how good your seat "really" is.
 
Gentlemen,

Here in Scottsdale, AZ this weekends weather was predicted to be hot so I skipped riding and took my boat to the lake. That turned out to be a mistake as it was 118 degrees in the shade and well over 120 in the sunlight. There was no cool evaporation coming off the water and it felt like a blowtorch hitting you in the face at 40 mph. On the bike at 70 mph would be unbearable. I thought it would cool off during the night enough to ride but at 11pm last night it was still 104 degrees. There can't be too much of a difference between here and hell right now. I've lived here for 57 years and have never gotten use to AZ's summer heat.

Chip
 
Man, I feel for you guys in AZ. My wife and I were touring all the National Parks in UT and Az a few years ago in Sept. We stopped to visit a buddy in Mesa. It was so friggin hot. All you could do is sit in his AC, run and jump in his car with AC, go to a restaurant with AC,then go back to his house and sit in the AC. It was miserably hot outside. Can't imagine living in that environment every day for months at a time.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Man, I feel for you guys in AZ. My wife and I were touring all the National Parks in UT and Az a few years ago in Sept. We stopped to visit a buddy in Mesa. It was so friggin hot. All you could do is sit in his AC, run and jump in his car with AC, go to a restaurant with AC,then go back to his house and sit in the AC. It was miserably hot outside. Can't imagine living in that environment every day for months at a time.
Their summer is like our winter. Not fun to be outside.
 
Yeah, it's hot west of Mesa too. I noticed a lot of heat hitting my knees the last few days and it was likely under 100 when I was out riding. If I rode at the hottest part of the day (118), I can't imagine the heat that might come off the cyl heads.

Anyone else notice the heat on the knees?
 
Thread starter
ron1100_imp said:
Fuzzy, felt and continue to feel your pain too. Did you just roll the bike through your front door?
Yea, it's just shy of 35" mirror to mirror without folding them in. Door opening a little over. Put a board ramp up & drove her in. Now waiting on AC guy. It quit yeasterday.:(
 
AZrider_imp said:
Yeah, it's hot west of Mesa too. I noticed a lot of heat hitting my knees the last few days and it was likely under 100 when I was out riding. If I rode at the hottest part of the day (118), I can't imagine the heat that might come off the cyl heads.

Anyone else notice the heat on the knees?
thevlow last night in Arkansas was 60. this is freaky for this time of year
thevlow last night in Arkansas was 60. this is freaky for this time of year.
My heart goes out to the firefighter heros whoose lives were loss fighting thatvterrible fire!
 
Back
Top