100 mph audio test using the bite-cam

Chuckk_imp

Been there
Thread starter
sorry I can't send the actual audio.. but, take my word for it, it came out very well.. now I will have to hone my skills, using it.. I know that I should post it on you tube, but I haven't been there in a while now.. I find myself sending short little videos thru messages to my friends with audio.. maybe I will use Peter to give his views of the audio.. I do text him ..

.
b15aafe33306672b4ac3b8f9270199a1.jpg

.
276e65fdcf4392891ae2c6f5edc504a3.jpg

.
931d2e969d1378a316ddc3c051f1568c.jpg

..
.
4f77a05278e082d37628662ba07bc072.mp4

.
5ee312a6ebd7edefbfd1cd19b719e039.jpg

..
 
You hold that in your teeth huh? I would slobber all over it lol

Pretty ingenious though.
 
Thread starter
you can get used to it in your mouth.. still swallow to clear your throat.. biggest problem is, I slur a little when talking.. all of my friends are aware of the issue, so they understand.. between videos, I put the cam in my top jacket pocket.. otherwise my jaws will get tired after 10 miles or so..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
sorry I can't send the actual audio.. but, take my word for it, it came out very well.. now I will have to hone my skills, using it.. I know that I should post it on you tube, but I haven't been there in a while now.. I find myself sending short little videos thru messages to my friends with audio.. maybe I will use Peter to give his views of the audio.. I do text him ..

.
b15aafe33306672b4ac3b8f9270199a1.jpg

.
276e65fdcf4392891ae2c6f5edc504a3.jpg

.
931d2e969d1378a316ddc3c051f1568c.jpg

..
.
4f77a05278e082d37628662ba07bc072.mp4

.
5ee312a6ebd7edefbfd1cd19b719e039.jpg

..

Went through all 4 video clips with my ear phones inserted....

Lovely sound when idling, then accel in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and in beginning of the 4th gear and then too much of a wind noise...but no complaints when you see our Chuckk hitting a 100 mph number/in 6th... you are a bad boy Chuckk :)

Next clip.... a little walk... when he is releasing a high pressure fluid, no sound.... after his hot pursuit, no worries, I would do the same :rolleyes:

Video #3 is really nice, curvy road and lovely, lower speed sound, leaving 4 in 2 pipes and a bike going in the opposite direction...zoom!!!

Final clip is from a pistachio farm and Chuckk talking about his equipment and back up battery.

Place'em all on you tube!!
Thanks for sharing, Chuckk
:thumbsup:
 
Very ingenious indeed, Chuckk. I assume you have to stop to turn it on and off?
 
Thread starter
I keep my bite cam in one top pocket on my jacket.. the external battery in the other top pocket.. because of the external battery's capacity, I can leave the phone set to take videos.. I can then pull out the phone and take vids on the fly.. I must be careful when pulling it out of my pocket, not to touch the buttons.. this will take some practice.. I then can shut if off on the fly, but like to pull over to verify in my bikes mirror that I have stopped my video.. pretty much what I look at is in frame.. not exactly though, so more practice is needed.. it's a dirty job.. haha .. so the little 1/2 BB I glued to the phone's volume control will stop and start the videos or take stills..
.
9befbe82820168a54c986a9256ae3227.jpg

.
c4ef8b80791a1f80ae93dc8cc0142973.jpg

...
grinding a flat spot on that little BB was a real trick.. I used a key chain.. then ground the flat spot, before cutting off the one little BB .. then gluing.. that is another saga.. I won't go into that !!
 
Sounds like you need a Bluetooth (BT) remote to activate/deactivate the video function, and/or snap pictures on-the-fly. You just register the BT device with your phone.

The remotes are very common (used with many "selfie sticks") and can mount anywhere (like your handlebar, wrist, etc.).

 
Thread starter
I never knew that !!.. I would have to carry it with me then, if I used the camera away from the bike.. like my kayak or like when I did the 5000 ft overlook vid.. who makes the one shown? ..
I ordered a 4 pack of them.. dirt cheap.. now I need to know if I can program all remotes to work on my one iPhone .. I then could mount the remotes in different locations, if I chose to.. it wouldn't change the way I video too much.. maybe selfies 10 feet away sometimes..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
I never knew that !!.. I would have to carry it with me then, if I used the camera away from the bike.. like my kayak or like when I did the 5000 ft overlook vid.. who makes the one shown? ..
I ordered a 4 pack of them.. dirt cheap.. now I need to know if I can program all remotes to work on my one iPhone .. I then could mount the remotes in different locations, if I chose to.. it wouldn't change the way I video too much.. maybe selfies 10 feet away sometimes..
Cool Chuckk. Yeah, it should be simple, just follow the instructions for the remote device. It should be something along the lines of turning it on, discover the BT device, register it, and then, ... Bob's your uncle.

You should be able to register each one with one phone.
 
Thread starter
thanks G.O. .. I bought a 4 pack.. nine bucks.. I have 2 of them linked to the iPhone.. I will still use my BB shutter when using the bite cam, but these little shutters will come in handy for pics or vids of my bike and I together.. I may even try using a stick on the kayak.. it is good to have options..
..
be80db0c4b969fffed1a5b9a55a57ccb.jpg

..
2ecfcbbab4f689a7cad45f129a3638f8.jpg

...
 
If aliens should ever land near area 51, and see you biting your mouth cam, they’ll snap you right away and beam you up for further inspection. So please don’t always bring enough spare batteries.
 
Thread starter


the little bluetooth shutters work fantastic on my kayak !! I built a selfie stick that I can mount in two different locations on my little boat .. I take pics and vids all of the time, but I hesitate to post any here.. I would be drifting away from the CB 1100 focus..
 
j3gq_imp said:
If aliens should ever land near area 51, and see you biting your mouth cam, they’ll snap you right away and beam you up for further inspection. So please don’t always bring enough spare batteries.
Don't wish him that...we need Chuckk here...:D
 
Chuckk_imp said:
the little bluetooth shutters work fantastic on my kayak !! I built a selfie stick that I can mount in two different locations on my little boat .. I take pics and vids all of the time, but I hesitate to post any here.. I would be drifting away from the CB 1100 focus..
Yeah, the magic of those mini BT remotes.

One day you will be able to just blink your eye to snap wonderful captures of CB1100s.
 
Back
Top