#1 reason to wear a modular helmet?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Mmmm hot Tea (while stopping to gas up)

b35f4e0547e025194520036a4c7b82b1.jpg
 
Friends of mine like their modular for smoking a cigarette at rest. However, that could be dangerous at the gas station, so better stay with tea. :)
 
I have a modular helmet for 10 years now and if it ever gets cold enough i will add the bottom half ......... generally i wear the flip shield up with sun glasses and when speeds hit 60 + I flip down the shield so my eyes do not water.
rather hot today here so i wore shorts , t-shirt and tennis shoes with no socks around town === Jab :thumbsup:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE
 
Thread starter
That's it use2be rub it in. We will be back to shorts weather in about oh...7 months
 
I've worn a modular helmet for years and I have a cup holder on my Harley so I don't even have to stop to drink my coffee-just get it and go. It's fun seeing their faces when I go through the drive thru.

I have noticed that there is nowhere on either the CB or the Buell to attach said cup holder, that is a problem I have to address.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Mmmm hot Tea (while stopping to gas up)

b35f4e0547e025194520036a4c7b82b1.jpg
I finally switched to a modular for the opposite reason. To cool off. When it gets to about 110F in the desert, sitting at a stop light with a full face will make your head start to feel like a boiled egg.

The secondary benefit is being able to pull over and partake of a cool beverage without having to remove my helmet.
 
I've been wearing a modular helmet for about 12 years, and while I know that they may not be as strong as a solid full-face, I had a crash in a HJC modular and it didn't come apart.
A modular offers so many conveniences and I'm willing to take the risk. The fact that the helmet stayed together when I crashed in 2008 has given me confidence in this style.
My current HJC modular is aging and I expect to replace it next summer with another one.
 
Another reason to wear a modular helmet: At a gas station where helmet removal is required, you can just flip it up and most of the time you get by. This is not enforced in Germany but it is in Austria. I heard the same for many other countries, including Australia.
 
tuareg_imp said:
Another reason to wear a modular helmet: At a gas station where helmet removal is required, you can just flip it up and most of the time you get by. This is not enforced in Germany but it is in Austria. I heard the same for many other countries, including Australia.
Along highway 95, just northwest of Las Vegas, helmet removal is required by the Paiute Tribal Police at the Paiute Nation service station near their resort and golf course.
 
I enjoy riding in a modular vs. a full coverage - option of "opening up" and getting some air while stopped or paying for fuel when entering store necessary.
 
Here in Canada the only person at a gas station is the convenience store cashier. Most people use credit cards at the pumps. The pumps are usually well away from the store, so you are on your own topping up. I have to assume there are security cameras for licence plates in case of a gas and dash episode.

I do remove my Shoei if I enter the store only because it is hard to eat an ice cream bar with it on.
 
So you don’t look like a jackass talking to people with a solid helmet and no one can hear what you are saying lol . I see this all the time and it drives me nuts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
greekcb_imp said:
So you don’t look like a jackass talking to people with a solid helmet and no one can hear what you are saying lol . I see this all the time and it drives me nuts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or after spending 5 minutes putting your earplugs in and helmet on, the guy in car beside decides he wants to talk you about your bike. :huh:
 
Nortoon_imp said:
greekcb_imp said:
So you don’t look like a jackass talking to people with a solid helmet and no one can hear what you are saying lol . I see this all the time and it drives me nuts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or after spending 5 minutes putting your earplugs in and helmet on, the guy in car beside decides he wants to talk you about your bike. :huh:
Or after spending 5 minutes putting your earplugs in and helmet on, the guy in car beside decides he wants to talk you about your bike. :huh:
:rofl: how true that is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I don't wear one myself, but I saw earlier today a rider on a Goldwing wearing one and smoking a cigarette while riding :exclamation:
 
Nortoon_imp said:
greekcb_imp said:
So you don’t look like a jackass talking to people with a solid helmet and no one can hear what you are saying lol . I see this all the time and it drives me nuts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or after spending 5 minutes putting your earplugs in and helmet on, the guy in car beside decides he wants to talk you about your bike. :huh:
Or after spending 5 minutes putting your earplugs in and helmet on, the guy in car beside decides he wants to talk you about your bike. :huh:

Yep lol , I wear a 3/4 on my enfield cuz you can’t go anywhere without getting mobbed so at least I can talk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
First time modular owner here (Schuberth C3-Pro). I bought it because of claims of quietness, not because of the moveable chinbar. It's certainly quieter than my full face Schuberth S-1, and the chinbar is growing on me, but I guess I'm indifferent about that feature.
 
I don't think I'll ever wear a modular helmet again. I had one come open on me in an accident. Granted it was on a snowmobile, but close enough. It was white-out conditions, and the right front ski glanced off a large ice-boulder. That simultaneously caused my head to lunge forward and the handle bar to sharply turn left. The handle bar hit the bottom/chin of the helmet, and it came open. But the handle bar kept going, and hit me in the jaw. It was a nasty smack. If the modular hadn't opened, I think the force may have been more distributed. Because it opened, I took a lot of the force on the jaw.
 
Back
Top