The Gathering of the Nortons

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
The first big event of spring each year in these parts, the Delaware Valley Norton Riders, of which I am a member, host a great event in Washington's Crossing State Park (the PA side) that draws many hundreds of vintage and modern bikes. And the post event rides are nice as well.

I'll be there, on which bike I am not sure...my Norton P11 isn't happy with 100 plus mile jaunts...along with a bunch of my mates from the NJRats.com group.

I strongly recommend anyone in PA/DE/NJ/ and NY make the trip. Details at DVNR.com for sale.

http://www.dvnr.org/gathering/2014_21st_flyer.pdf
 
I watched a Canadian movie not too long ago about a guy that was getting married but finds out he has cancer and decided to take a trip across Canada on an old Norton he bought. It was a great Norton/ motorcycle movie. Saw it on netflix. Will try and remember the name of it.

Found it..it 's called One Week

One Week (2008 film) - Wikipedia

I used to sell Nortons BTW. Easy to sell, hard to keep the customer happy because of too many trips to the shop. My mechanics weren't that happy either. At times I also sold Moto Guzzi and Ducatis.

Character is highly over rated.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I watched a Canadian movie not too long ago about a guy that was getting married but finds out he has cancer and decided to take a trip across Canada on an old Norton he bought. It was a great Norton/ motorcycle movie. Saw it on netflix. Will try and remember the name of it.

Found it..it 's called One Week

One Week (2008 film) - Wikipedia

I used to sell Nortons BTW. Easy to sell, hard to keep the customer happy because of too many trips to the shop. My mechanics weren't that happy either. At times I also sold Moto Guzzi and Ducatis.

Character is highly over rated.
:rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
I watched a Canadian movie not too long ago about a guy that was getting married but finds out he has cancer and decided to take a trip across Canada on an old Norton he bought. It was a great Norton/ motorcycle movie. Saw it on netflix. Will try and remember the name of it.

Found it..it 's called One Week

One Week (2008 film) - Wikipedia

I used to sell Nortons BTW. Easy to sell, hard to keep the customer happy because of too many trips to the shop. My mechanics weren't that happy either. At times I also sold Moto Guzzi and Ducatis.

Character is highly over rated.
Just as well the CB1100 doesn't have any then. Phew! :P
 
My favorite Norton video.. be careful ... watching this has a chance of making you weep

 
Thread starter
A spectacular day in PA for the Gathering of the Nortons. Over 600 bikes of every stripe, many lust- worthy. I was on my tiger 800, with a crew of 15 and we ended the day with a hundred miles of PA and Jersey backroads. Highly recommended next year for anyone in the region. A few sightings attached- A Norvin, A Honda 350 race replica and a mint z1. Oh yeah, and Nortons.
1abba7fea572921fcf49f05d8e017ca8.jpg
9448db286a771068d7eed96e5da00bc2.jpg
ab5660de7666ba40bb78409ad8d68b2a.jpg
a5b567b325cfc327a54bb0ab2503ddb8.jpg
d470be50931edd4cf549f4870e671f16.jpg
1552d79e496e4f29ea8837baa62364c3.jpg
4ad2c07a2c9f44d57fc29b33e0aa3e5f.jpg
 
I actually live within reach of this event but was unable to attend due to other prior commitments. Looks like a great event...were there many vintage Hondas there?



Capo_imp said:
A spectacular day in PA for the Gathering of the Nortons. Over 600 bikes of every stripe, many lust- worthy. I was on my tiger 800, with a crew of 15 and we ended the day with a hundred miles of PA and Jersey backroads. Highly recommended next year for anyone in the region. A few sightings attached- A Norvin, A Honda 350 race replica and a mint z1. Oh yeah, and Nortons.
1abba7fea572921fcf49f05d8e017ca8.jpg
9448db286a771068d7eed96e5da00bc2.jpg
ab5660de7666ba40bb78409ad8d68b2a.jpg
a5b567b325cfc327a54bb0ab2503ddb8.jpg
d470be50931edd4cf549f4870e671f16.jpg
1552d79e496e4f29ea8837baa62364c3.jpg
4ad2c07a2c9f44d57fc29b33e0aa3e5f.jpg
 
ahh cool you added a John Player Norton or at least a replica of one.

well, well missed that 305 Scrambler CL 77 in the background (had one!)
 
Thread starter
RetroKitch_imp said:
I actually live within reach of this event but was unable to attend due to other prior commitments. Looks like a great event...were there many vintage Hondas there?



Capo_imp said:
A spectacular day in PA for the Gathering of the Nortons. Over 600 bikes of every stripe, many lust- worthy. I was on my tiger 800, with a crew of 15 and we ended the day with a hundred miles of PA and Jersey backroads. Highly recommended next year for anyone in the region. A few sightings attached- A Norvin, A Honda 350 race replica and a mint z1. Oh yeah, and Nortons.
1abba7fea572921fcf49f05d8e017ca8.jpg
9448db286a771068d7eed96e5da00bc2.jpg
ab5660de7666ba40bb78409ad8d68b2a.jpg
a5b567b325cfc327a54bb0ab2503ddb8.jpg
d470be50931edd4cf549f4870e671f16.jpg
1552d79e496e4f29ea8837baa62364c3.jpg
4ad2c07a2c9f44d57fc29b33e0aa3e5f.jpg
There were all sorts of vintage Hondas, quite a few CB750's, black bombers, and one of the sweetest sounding VFR 1000's I've ever heard. It's only nominally a Norton event anymore. Oddly, I counted 6 R90S BMW's, rarely see 1 at a time. Oh, and there was not a single CB1100 there.
 
Back
Top