Saw one of the original "American Honda" 1961 Chevrolet pickups

That is very cool. I remember seeing pics of those in front of original dealerships in California
 
Not many Honda dealerships back then.
If I recall correctly, I was the only one in high school with a Honda.
Quite a few scooters.

My first bike: 1962 CA110 (49cc Super Sport), purchased used, 6 months old, March 1963

Photo not my actual bike...no photos of it remain.

Ahh...nostalgia!
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Not many Honda dealerships back then.
If I recall correctly, I was the only one in high school with a Honda.
Quite a few scooters.

My first bike: 1962 CA110 (49cc Super Sport), purchased used, 6 months old, March 1963

Photo not my actual bike...no photos of it remain.

Ahh...nostalgia!
In 1965, Bill, my best friend in High School got a C110 50cc sport. I wanted one just like his and convinced my dad that although I was only 15 I needed transportation to my after school job and he, being a motorcyclist, agreed a motorcycle was the best alternative. We went down to the only Honda mc dealership in Cincy to look at them, but he didnt care for the plastic front fender (or Japanese stuff in general since he was a WW 2 vet.) He took me down to the Harley Dealer where he did business and they carried these Italian Aermachhi 50cc 2 strokes badged Harley Davidsons, called M-50's. They had metal fenders, so thats what I got. (Dad never did figure out the Japanese and Italians were on the same side in WW2). I liked Bill's C110 a lot better, but at least I was on 2 wheels. Still am.... on Honda's too!

My 65 Harley M 50 was like this one my collector buddy has

3867ac70c4b4e1c02834bfc5a5b41d4e.jpg
 
Back when the L.A. Auto Show was more than dealer lots just parked inside, Honda had grand displays. For a few years, they had one of these trucks, with a classic motorcycle in the back, parked in front of a mock facade of the first Honda dealer in L.A. Always one of the coolest things at the show.
 
The blue one reminds me of my brothers Sear's Moped, the second one my M 50
 
The ferret_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Not many Honda dealerships back then.
If I recall correctly, I was the only one in high school with a Honda.
Quite a few scooters.

My first bike: 1962 CA110 (49cc Super Sport), purchased used, 6 months old, March 1963

Photo not my actual bike...no photos of it remain.

Ahh...nostalgia!
In 1965, Bill, my best friend in High School got a C110 50cc sport. I wanted one just like his and convinced my dad that although I was only 15 I needed transportation to my after school job and he, being a motorcyclist, agreed a motorcycle was the best alternative. We went down to the only Honda mc dealership in Cincy to look at them, but he didnt care for the plastic front fender (or Japanese stuff in general since he was a WW 2 vet.) He took me down to the Harley Dealer where he did business and they carried these Italian Aermachhi 50cc 2 strokes badged Harley Davidsons, called M-50's. They had metal fenders, so thats what I got. (Dad never did figure out the Japanese and Italians were on the same side in WW2). I liked Bill's C110 a lot better, but at least I was on 2 wheels. Still am.... on Honda's too!

My 65 Harley M 50 was like this one my collector buddy has

3867ac70c4b4e1c02834bfc5a5b41d4e.jpg
Really cute!
Bike is cute, too :thumbsup::banana:
 
Back
Top