Royal Enfield Meteor 350 ...

GoldOxide_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I came across this beauty today:

A 2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

In short: It is very well built.

This unit was waiting for its owner to pick it up.

I was told Royal Enfield (India) made 1000 Meteor 350s and shipped 600 to North America. This one arrived during the past week and this Ontario province shop acquired three - all sold instantly. This baby went out the door for just around $7000 Cdn, all-in.

These compete directly with the 2021 Honda CB350.

 
Looks a lot like a Suzuki LS 650 Savage
 
Kinda want
 
Thread starter
The saddle was surprisingly comfortable and I really liked the forward foot controls. Maybe it is part of the reason why being seated felt good.

The tank has an inviting shape.

 
A very good looking bike (apart from the horrible backrest) with lots going for it but compare this to the big selling Honda Rebel 300 at very similar money very few teenagers would take it over the Honda which has an extra 10HP to boot. Apparently the brakes are hopeless on this thing, even the Indian owners suggest you ditch the OEM brakepads from the off.

The angle of the meteor sticker on the side panel would get my heckles up a bit too.
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
A very good looking bike (apart from the horrible backrest) with lots going for it but compare this to the big selling Honda Rebel 300 at very similar money very few teenagers would take it over the Honda which has an extra 10HP to boot. Apparently the brakes are hopeless on this thing, even the Indian owners suggest you ditch the OEM brakepads from the off.

The angle of the meteor sticker on the side panel would get my heckles up a bit too.
To my surprise, the back of the passenger backrest is cast aluminum anodized (or painted) flat black. You could feel the heft.

Being its first year release, they will likely improve the recipe as rider feedback comes in.
 
Thread starter
Wisedrum_imp said:
Though it shouldn't be Bullet, the charme of the Bullet/Chrome Classic is gone. Not my cup of tea.
I speculate the Meteor is geared as an everyday commuter bike that will essentially play the role as "mule" - in India at least.
 
I guess and believe the Bullet was nothing else in India since its existence. A daily life bike for all purposes. Countries in which Bullets has been exported made something special out of the Bullet 500 as a bike for retro classic lovers only to be used in special occasions. But it is and was a normal bike anywhere. Now out of production and can by no means be replaced by a bike like the Meteor or any other bike build by RE.
 
Thread starter
tj_gee_imp said:
Interesting headlight controls. Never seen a dial used for that before, on a bike.
I thought the same thing when playing with them. I will say, they have a smooth and firm action. However, weather and wear and tear will determine their longevity.

In short: Everything that is Meteor 350 is a new design.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
tj_gee_imp said:
Interesting headlight controls. Never seen a dial used for that before, on a bike.
I thought the same thing when playing with them. I will say, they have a smooth and firm action. However, weather and wear and tear will determine their longevity.

In short: Everything that is Meteor 350 is a new design.
I thought the same thing when playing with them. I will say, they have a smooth and firm action. However, weather and wear and tear will determine their longevity.

In short: Everything that is Meteor 350 is a new design.
Hi GO, Which motorcycle dealership was that? Looks like in Hamilton?
May be all 3 of us can visit the URAL and this dealership together.
What's your opinion PB?
By the way, PB and myself will ride to Midland this Thursday - you wanna join us?
Text me or PB if interested.
 
Thread starter
Alain Lee_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
tj_gee_imp said:
Interesting headlight controls. Never seen a dial used for that before, on a bike.
I thought the same thing when playing with them. I will say, they have a smooth and firm action. However, weather and wear and tear will determine their longevity.

In short: Everything that is Meteor 350 is a new design.
I thought the same thing when playing with them. I will say, they have a smooth and firm action. However, weather and wear and tear will determine their longevity.

In short: Everything that is Meteor 350 is a new design.
Hi GO, Which motorcycle dealership was that? Looks like in Hamilton?
May be all 3 of us can visit the URAL and this dealership together.
What's your opinion PB?
By the way, PB and myself will ride to Midland this Thursday - you wanna join us?
Text me or PB if interested.
I thought the same thing when playing with them. I will say, they have a smooth and firm action. However, weather and wear and tear will determine their longevity.

In short: Everything that is Meteor 350 is a new design.
Hi GO, Which motorcycle dealership was that? Looks like in Hamilton?
May be all 3 of us can visit the URAL and this dealership together.
What's your opinion PB?
By the way, PB and myself will ride to Midland this Thursday - you wanna join us?
Text me or PB if interested.
Hey Alain - OVC in Acton, ON.

All the Meteor 350s were sold before they arrived at OVC.

Thanks for the Midland offer - would l-o-v-e to commit, but I work for the man weekdays. Please keep the invites up though, 'cause you never know.
 
Back
Top