Phase One completed

ApathyCurve_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Completed phase one of the conversion this weekend. Emgo fairing and Fuzzy's shorty exhaust mod, (thanks, Fuzzy!). She's making progress. Next up is getting rid of that ugly chirstmas tree on the rear fender.

Rather than repost everything here, I'll just link to my blog post.
 
Coming along nicely, Apathy. There's a good thread on the forum by Chipbeck on how to tidy up the license plate. It sounds like you're going to tackle more than just the license plate out back, but Chip's how-to would be a good start.
 
Thread starter
Yup. Love it.

Hey Fuzzy, you know anybody in the Houston area who does custom seat fabs? I've pretty well decided what I want to do with the rear end (hint: the entire fender is going bye-bye) but upholstering is beyond my fabrication skill set.
 
Thread starter
FUZZY_imp said:
ApathyCurve_imp said:
Yup. Love it.

Hey Fuzzy, you know anybody in the Houston area who does custom seat fabs? I've pretty well decided what I want to do with the rear end (hint: the entire fender is going bye-bye) but upholstering is beyond my fabrication skill set.
http://www.richmondautoupholstery.com/houston-motorcycle-upholstery.html

Place I did use is gone. This place sounds like they can handle it though.
Cool, thanks. I'll give 'em a ring.

More I look at the bike, the more I'm convinced that rear fender is the single biggest problem with the aesthetics. Look at the top of this page. Put the end of your finger over the rear fender so you can only see the wheel and turn signals... See what I mean?

Low bars, custom seat, fairing, exhaust. All those things will help get it there. But first, that fender's gotta go.
 
ApathyCurve_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
ApathyCurve_imp said:
Yup. Love it.

Hey Fuzzy, you know anybody in the Houston area who does custom seat fabs? I've pretty well decided what I want to do with the rear end (hint: the entire fender is going bye-bye) but upholstering is beyond my fabrication skill set.
http://www.richmondautoupholstery.com/houston-motorcycle-upholstery.html

Place I did use is gone. This place sounds like they can handle it though.
Cool, thanks. I'll give 'em a ring.

More I look at the bike, the more I'm convinced that rear fender is the single biggest problem with the aesthetics. Look at the top of this page. Put the end of your finger over the rear fender so you can only see the wheel and turn signals... See what I mean?

Low bars, custom seat, fairing, exhaust. All those things will help get it there. But first, that fender's gotta go.
Cool, thanks. I'll give 'em a ring.

More I look at the bike, the more I'm convinced that rear fender is the single biggest problem with the aesthetics. Look at the top of this page. Put the end of your finger over the rear fender so you can only see the wheel and turn signals... See what I mean?

Low bars, custom seat, fairing, exhaust. All those things will help get it there. But first, that fender's gotta go.
Well Git-R-Done! Can't wait to see!
 
Back
Top