Perfect Day In Arkansas

dbarkdoll_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Thought about posting this in the Ride To Eat thread, since the crux of the entire trip was the burger and fries, but anyhow:

Set out this morning with no plan in particular, which is becoming my absolute favorite way to ride. Rode some favorite roads of mine west of Little Rock until my tummy started talkin. Stopped at the only gas station within probably 50 miles to ask for recomendations, the clerk was nice and offered some of their fried chicken or a burger, but I was really in the mood for a unique cafe/diner in the middle of nowhere. They pointed me twenty miles on down the road to Nola, Arkansas and off I went. Middle of nowhere is exactly what I got. You havn't been to Nola. No one has. I'm not even quite sure it exists. The "town" consists of the general store and a few houses. Precisely what I was looking for. :celebrate:

d543ecc026999ca3f90edef82f885468.jpg

3fd14417dbf633449d4b4e4cadf716de.jpg

44fb0f2d9c70e0d55f3b4ec75b96f0bc.jpg


Pulled up to the joint to find no one else there except for who I pressume was the owner. Perfect. :thumbsup: Ordered my cheeseburger and curly fries and waited out front on the picnic table under the porch. A very country-fied Ford Ranger pulls up with two good ol' boys both packing heat on their hips. Nice guys, they both commented on the CB and complemented its looks. One rides a VTX 1300 and the other a HD I think. Off they went to eat some chilled watermelon and beer they said, I can only imagine what else.:s

Anyway my food came out shortly after and it hit the spot lemme tell ya. Probably wouldnt have tasted as good if I had just drove down the block to get it in Little Rock, but at the time and place it was soooo good. I ate out on the picnic table and not 2 minutes after it came out this old hound dog came sauntering across the street hot on the trail. It helped me tackle the mountain of fries happily.

cf39531e48c92ee69bd538ff4538e26a.jpg

513dc97c76de9fa15b945a565af52548.jpg


Continued on down the road for some amazing riding in absolutely perfect weather.

2e66f7c83cfe46d1f1f4fd913aa39430.jpg
7d9e537cecb310c7f5cef708eaf1295d.jpg


That's the Fourche Lafave River, a beautiful and quite large waterway that cuts through the Ouachita National Forest (pronounced watch-eh-tah). Cut across it multiple times on that particular road. Most of my ride today was through the Ouachita Forest. Very hilly, very scenic, very motorcycle worthy.

f0113b8988c1471f4a156738edb54e9a.jpg


Other highlights of the trip include:
Narrowly avoiding a scavenging crow at 60 mph by a few inches.
Narrowly avoiding an oncoming inbred hillbilly who came into my lane in the twisties.
Narrowly avoiding multiple scattered t-storms throughout the day.
Cruising through Hot Springs for a beer from the worlds only brewery that uses thermal spring water in their brewing process.

305 miles all in all. I'd say a pretty good day indeed. :biker:
 
and THAT'S how it's done. Looks like a perfect day dbarkdoll.

Loved the line about the place not really existing. :rofl:
 
What a great day. Lucky bloke.
 
That’s good stuff dbarkdoll...that burger looks tasty and homemade, probably better than anything you would’ve found in Little Rock. That pooch was probably glad to see you too!
 
Thread starter
Blockhead_imp said:
That’s good stuff dbarkdoll...that burger looks tasty and homemade, probably better than anything you would’ve found in Little Rock. That pooch was probably glad to see you too!
We have some really great burgers in Little Rock, the best actually being a food truck by the name of Excaliburger :worship:

But given the context of the situation this one just went down so good. Akin to backpacking trips I have taken out in the middle of the woods with limited resources, the food cooked on those trips over an open fire on a little cast iron skillet just seem to taste sublime compared to anything bought in town that I didn’t really have to work for.
 
Back
Top