New Arai Signet-X in Diamond White

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
b3a56ef5f7696daf768e2fce369e9ea4.jpg

bf36763dc4918af668d6e6d6996f1211.jpg


Retiring my Empty Sea CB1100 Shoei.

Only graphic on my new Arai is a small U.S. flag which I will wear proudly on our tour of Scotland in a couple of weeks.

Plus it’s sparkly!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice! Plain white is nice and visible, and sparkly is a bonus.

Whatcha gonna do with the old one? Sometimes I don't have the heart to toss an old helmet that's been faithful, especially if I've personalized it with my own decals and graphics. I currently have a few lined up on top of a bookshelf in my office. For a while, there was a volunteer group in L.A. who took old used helmets and shipped them off to third-world countries. At least that's what they said they did and it was better than tossing them.

Wait, tour of Scotland? Can't wait to see pictures of that!
 
Nice looking lid Sea. Looks like it has a pinlock shield too
 
Thread starter
Yes to the pinlock

No to other colors unless I find a slightly larger US flag decal.

My Shoei with the Honda and CB1100 graphics will be mounted above my scratch off state map of the U.S. After all, it was protecting me in every one of the scratched off states and so deserves its place of prominence.

Yes, we’re going to Scotland. Ten days, Three couples, Six motorbikes, One guide. Should be the trip of a lifetime.

9845a8f49b5456c25ec577ff1a455c2b.jpg



“Diamond White” is slightly metallic. Cheryl has the same color on her helmet and it looks pretty cool in sunlight.
 
Best wishes for the Scotland trip, EmptySea. It’s a lovely place. Don’t sample the local beverage until you’ve stopped riding for the day. The Scots take a dim view of combining alcohol and driving/riding.

I like the helmet too.
 
Looks like an awesome trip. If Di and I were 10 years younger ...................
 
That looks like a good combination with a white 2017 ex. Have a laguna blue shoei glamster now but its time for a new one next year. Another glamster or an arai concept-x.........
Scotland will be amazing! Had alot of fun there. Do take some rain gear with you cause you will need it.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Best wishes for the Scotland trip, EmptySea. It’s a lovely place. Don’t sample the local beverage until you’ve stopped riding for the day. The Scots take a dim view of combining alcohol and driving/riding.

I like the helmet too.
We will tour Tallisker Distillery on Skye, but no sampling. There will be the opportunity that evening to taste any of the spirits we might purchase there at our hotel. I’m quite sure that I will be availing myself of said opportunity.
 
There was a time when I always had a bottle of Talisker in the cupboard …

I’ll look forward to a report.
 
Have a great trip, but remember what time zone your friends live in back home.

I had a friend who kept calling me in the middle of the night during his trip to Scotland. Just falling asleep, the phone rings and I hear:
“Dude, we toured this awesome castle today! They made the steps crooked so that attacking armies wearing armor would slip and fall back down!”

I’d remind him of the time, but he’d already be back to his hotel and a few whiskeys in, so he’d forgotten.
 
Nice lid, MTC, and have fun on the trip. Scotland is on the bucket list.

I loved my old Arai Quantum but went with a Shoei Qwest to replace it. The Qwest is quieter (maybe because of the pods on the sides of the Arai) and fits about the same. Now that the Shoei is aging, I'm looking at the Shoei RF-SR.
 
Speaking of pearl white helmets, I wore mine today. This is one of my euro-model Scorpions.

When my old, super comfy EXO-510 needed replacing, I was bummed that it had been out of the market in the U.S. long enough that I couldn't even find a new-old stock unit on Ebay. But, I found that it was still being sold in Europe as the EXO-491, and was a bargain at chromeburner.com, even with shipping to the U.S.
 
Well, PB, my commute is 12.5 miles. The GoPro battery is good for one-way, so luckily, I only have to leave it plugged in for the other direction.
 
One must do one’s best to keep up with the Seas, Ferret.

Nice one. And fancy dancy flip-down sun visors are a wonderful invention.
 
Nice helmet, Ferret. In the Arizona sun, white is the ONLY way to go. For those who wear helmets. Sadly, helmets are not required in Arizona.
 
Back
Top