New 2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin

I fall into the "short" category too, so I know exactly what you're talking about. I flat-foot one leg and tip toe the other :P
I wear proper motorcycle boots which generally have thick soles so every tiny bit helps :D
 
Thread starter
OK, since we're all confessing our inseam issues I will have to admit I wear a different pair of boots with thicker soles when I ride my Super Tenere. When I ride a very long way, say 700 miles in a day, I like to raise the seat to the high position for the additional legroom/knee relief (it's about an inch higher), so I wear the thicker soled boots so I can be on the balls of my feet when stopped. I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. Any shorter and using the high position would get pretty precarious I think.

Ferret, and the others in the same boat, I empathize with your inseam issues. I did have a good laugh though picturing you wearing some Gene Simmons/Kiss boots! As for rolling up your jeans, don't sweat it. It's really not that bad of a look.

 
Ferret and Fashion Statement are 2 words ( well 3 actually) you generally won't find spoken at the same time.
 
Let's change that with a challenge to our Chicagoan wordsmith colleagues. Something alliterative, chaps. Ferret's Fashion F... or Ferret's F... Fashion.

For example, Ferret's Fabulous Fashion.

Over to you.
 
I can flat foot my XR650L - stock height, no lowering link. I have yet to find a bike I can't flat foot. I'm pretty much all leg. But they keep my knuckles from dragging so I'm not complaining - until I try to find a nice bike then I find out the manufactures are targeting all you short people.

I'd prefer a 650-700cc Africa Twin. Lighter the better. Not a super Twin like this beast. Maybe if they took the CT110 and made it a twin and called it a Super Trail 250 - even better. :angel:

But if I fit the bike nicely; I might reconsider.
 
I am really interested in this bike, but I think I may be disappointed with the wind protection compared to my V-strom. Truth be told, I have no real need for the off road capabilities this probably possesses. A mega motard based on this might be fun.

I am still waiting to see if Yamaha throws their hat into the middleweight ADV category. Something based off the FJ09 would be hard for me to resist.
 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
I am really interested in this bike, but I think I may be disappointed with the wind protection compared to my V-strom. Truth be told, I have no real need for the off road capabilities this probably possesses. A mega motard based on this might be fun.

I am still waiting to see if Yamaha throws their hat into the middleweight ADV category. Something based off the FJ09 would be hard for me to resist.
From everything I've read, it's more likely Yamaha will make a mid-size ADV twin based on the FZ-07 motor, which I have to admit probably appeals to me even more than this Honda 1000. I also think if they price it right, Yamaha dealers will be flooded with KLR650 trade ins!
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I am really interested in this bike, but I think I may be disappointed with the wind protection compared to my V-strom. Truth be told, I have no real need for the off road capabilities this probably possesses. A mega motard based on this might be fun.

I am still waiting to see if Yamaha throws their hat into the middleweight ADV category. Something based off the FJ09 would be hard for me to resist.
From everything I've read, it's more likely Yamaha will make a mid-size ADV twin based on the FZ-07 motor, which I have to admit probably appeals to me even more than this Honda 1000. I also think if they price it right, Yamaha dealers will be flooded with KLR650 trade ins!
From everything I've read, it's more likely Yamaha will make a mid-size ADV twin based on the FZ-07 motor, which I have to admit probably appeals to me even more than this Honda 1000. I also think if they price it right, Yamaha dealers will be flooded with KLR650 trade ins!
I have heard more in the way of a FZ07 based adv bike, but I want that triple. The FZ07 does make about 10 more hp and few lb ft of torque than the V-strom 650. That said, I don't think I'd be enticed enough to let go of my Strom for one of those. With the way Yamaha has been making some cool products, I would expect such a bike to be nothing less than a hit.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Yep, saw that this morning. I watched all the other videos too. In one of the videos one of the development riders -- who had also been a development rider for the original CBR900RR -- stated that this new CRF will be a game changer like the 900 was. Being sceptical by nature I will wait and see, but in any case that's a pretty bold statement. I'll bet KTM is nervously awaiting the release of this bike...
 
Back
Top