Malcolm Smith Autobiography

What a great ambassador for our sport he's been, and an unbelievably talented rider.
 
I'll never forget his appearance in the original "On Any Sunday" documentary, his ease and grace on that Husqvarna was awe inspiring. I want this book.
 
Guth_imp said:

I don't want you to have to look too hard Bill. So here ya go. This 1973 Husqvarna 250WR sits in my living room. It has never been started or ridden. I know that's a shame and I did intend to ride it but I have other dirt bikes and this work of art will only be new once. I rode one just like it all through high school and college that I bought after watching Malcom Smith and Steve McQueen ride their Husky's in "On Any Sunday". I enjoy this bike every single day. Cheers bro.

Chip

PS.....Thank you so much for posting that link. I just ordered a copy!

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/Husqvarna%20250%20WR%20b.jpg.html]

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/Husqvarna250WRa.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
Man Chip, that bike is absolutely stunning. I did go off and find the thread with all of your photos but much appreciate you posting some of them up again here as I never get tired of looking at that bike.

I totally understand the mindset that bikes are made to be ridden, even the older ones. But on the flip side, I can also truly appreciate why that one remains tucked away on display in your house.

I'm sure there will be plenty of good Husqvarna related reading in the book. I'm looking forward to it. However, in my case I'll just have to visualize in my mind the bikes of that era. You on the other hand will merely need to set the book on your lap and will be able to simply stare at the real deal.
 
Malcolm's dealership in Riverside Cal. has some real nice bikes on display, mostly on the walls if I remember correctly. And yep, he's really alot like the guy in "On Any Sunday". Areally great person.
 
lukeduck_imp said:
Malcolm's dealership in Riverside Cal. has some real nice bikes on display, mostly on the walls if I remember correctly. And yep, he's really alot like the guy in "On Any Sunday". Areally great person.
At my last job, we were marketing some electronic doo-dads for the Polaris Razor. I was shopping it around to all of the area ATV dealers, and Malcolm's dealership in Riverside was one of my targets. Mrs. G lived in Riverside when we met, and I always stopped in there to check out what was new.

I dropped in with my Razor product samples and asked who I could talk with to set them up as a dealer. I was told to hold on, and after a short wait, was told "Well, the big man is in his office if you want to chat with him."

Couldn't believe it, but there I was, sitting across the desk from the legend. We didn't talk much about the stuff I was hawking... they say "Never meet your heroes" but in this case, it was definitely worth it.
 
Back
Top