Insurance woes

Charlie Bravo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well, time the renew the insurance. My agent has sent me a quote that is shockingly high all of a sudden. Might be because of my move, but what are ya'll paying for full coverage of a CB1100 that is ridden less than 5k mi/yr?
 
I have USAA on three bikes, two cars and a house.
One thing that helps is trying to forget what I paid six months ago, and don't look back at my billing history.
I know it's higher than it was during the recent unpleasantness when insurers dropped rates due to the lack of driving most of us did... I just don't know by how much and don't want to know.
 
I " think" I pay about $250 a year, full coverage on my CB
 
Full vehicle insurance in Ontario, Canada (particularly southern Ontario and around the Toronto area) averaged about $1800+ Cdn in 2023, according to recent stats.

A 200 cc scooter would get $1M liability coverage for $250 per year.
 
$179 per year for both of my CB’s
CB1100 has full coverage with standard $500 deductibles.
CB77, basic liability.
 
$240/yr for the CB, Comp/collision, $100k/$300k limits, $250 ded
$336/yr for the FJR1300, Comp/collision/full value replacement, $100k/$300k limits, $250 ded
Both through Dairyland
 
I'm with Allstate, cost me $677/year for full coverage on all 4 bikes. The CB alone was $150. Of course, I'm old, with a clean driving record, so that helps.

Now for comparison, my 2013 F-150 insured with State Farm, has risen to over $1400 per year! No accidents, claims or tickets, just goes up every year, because they can. I'm shopping around before the next renewal.
 
Thread starter
Thanks so much to all who resounded. In Texas insurance is high, especially home owners. I'm told it's because the Gulf coast is a huge risk, and they spread the price of coverage over the whole state.
 
Back
Top