Everything is running well - then the weather turns bad

ohiorider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Finally, I got the suspension on my 2014 CB1100 working to where I really enjoy riding it. And the old BMW R100GS, with lots of new pieces and parts, is running really nice.

And the weather turns nasty! Earlier this year than I recall in past years. Lots of rain, and temps on these days barely breaking into the 50's. And we're still in October!

Oh, well, all three bikes are ready for springtime, 2019. The Guzzi will still need an oil and filter change between now and our real winter, and all bikes will need a slug of Stabil and a fill-up with 93 octane before they're parked.

It's Battery Tender Time!

Bob
 
Going to be sunny and 68 tomorrow Bob, dig something out to ride.
 
tinboatcapt_imp said:
Two bikes laid up for winter, but the CB1100 is still ready and able. I plan a ride tomorrow in the predicted mid 50's.
jim

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).
 
And the weather turns nasty! Earlier this year than I recall in past years. Lots of rain, and temps on these days barely breaking into the 50's. And we're still in October!
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I left upstate NY for San Diego 32 years ago.
 
dr_rock_imp said:
tinboatcapt_imp said:
Two bikes laid up for winter, but the CB1100 is still ready and able. I plan a ride tomorrow in the predicted mid 50's.
jim

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).
Yes. Lakeville to be precise.
I rode again yesterday and plan to again today (Thursday). The weather predictors are saying rain for the foreseeable Friday and after.
Jim
 
tinboatcapt_imp said:
dr_rock_imp said:
tinboatcapt_imp said:
Two bikes laid up for winter, but the CB1100 is still ready and able. I plan a ride tomorrow in the predicted mid 50's.
jim

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).
Yes. Lakeville to be precise.
I rode again yesterday and plan to again today (Thursday). The weather predictors are saying rain for the foreseeable Friday and after.
Jim

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).
Yes. Lakeville to be precise.
I rode again yesterday and plan to again today (Thursday). The weather predictors are saying rain for the foreseeable Friday and after.
Jim

Cool I’m in Mpls and had a nice ride to work today but I’m thinking today might be the last.
Good to see another CB rider here in Mn.
 
dr_rock_imp said:
tinboatcapt_imp said:
dr_rock_imp said:
tinboatcapt_imp said:
Two bikes laid up for winter, but the CB1100 is still ready and able. I plan a ride tomorrow in the predicted mid 50's.
jim

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).
Yes. Lakeville to be precise.
I rode again yesterday and plan to again today (Thursday). The weather predictors are saying rain for the foreseeable Friday and after.
Jim

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).
Yes. Lakeville to be precise.
I rode again yesterday and plan to again today (Thursday). The weather predictors are saying rain for the foreseeable Friday and after.
Jim

Cool I’m in Mpls and had a nice ride to work today but I’m thinking today might be the last.
Good to see another CB rider here in Mn.

Jim are you also in Mn? I rode to work today. A little chilly (around 35 degrees F).
Yes. Lakeville to be precise.
I rode again yesterday and plan to again today (Thursday). The weather predictors are saying rain for the foreseeable Friday and after.
Jim

Cool I’m in Mpls and had a nice ride to work today but I’m thinking today might be the last.
Good to see another CB rider here in Mn.
I was beginning to think I was the only CB rider in MN.
 
You could start planning a Minnesota rally in the spring. :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You could start planning a Minnesota rally in the spring. :D
There is an idea. There must be more than two bikes in the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa area. Three state borders are only 2 or so hours away.

I will ponder upon it. :thumbsup:
jim
 
Thread starter
Dave_imp said:
And the weather turns nasty! Earlier this year than I recall in past years. Lots of rain, and temps on these days barely breaking into the 50's. And we're still in October!

That's exactly why I left upstate NY for San Diego 32 years ago.
[/QUOTE]
That's exactly why I left upstate NY for San Diego 32 years ago.
[/QUOTE]
I had an older brother, unfortunately now deceased, who lived in Del Mar from 1994 until 2014, What a beautiful area! And it isn't a huge ride to get up into the mountains near Julian from Del Mar. I visited several times and always rented something with two wheels to ride into the mountains.

My brother asked me if I had taken up golf. Answer 'no.' And he didn't golf either. But we did drive over to Torrey Pines, and had a cocktail at the club bar, just so I could tell any of my friends who golfed that we had straddled a bar stool and had a drink at one of the premier golf clubs in the USA. That was important to him. And a fond memory for me.

On that same visit, we drove down to Sonny Angel's bike shop and had a truly memorable time. Sonny is now gone, but what a host he was to my brother and me when we stopped by his shop.

I totally enjoyed the day, and miss my older brother more than I would ever have thought.

Bob
 
Back
Top