Dual bending valves on 2017 Showa Forks

jedd_imp said:



I'd suggest the whole fork- you could be overlooking the relationship that valving has with the spring rate, spring length, preload spacer length..

Those may be purposely different, heck even the adjustment mechanism in the cap may be different in dimension- not just pretty engraving.

If Honda could have used the same springs, why wouldn't they have?

Do we even know for sure that something as simple as the spring diameter is the same? If it was a few mm larger or smaller that would negate fitting with the rest of the assembly.

You can't just look at a picture like that and pick and chose which pieces to ignore without more info.

So while "they aren't (maybe) necessary items to convert to dual bending." they may be if you want properly working dual bending.

Or worse case- someone may read your post- go buy just those '4' pieces and discover that it won't even fit back together. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
some of your concerns makes sense, and I can see myself agreeing.
But those who have some knowledge about suspension tuning can understand
what each part does, and so the big picture isn't as cryptic as someone who don't
have that depth of knowledge. I spent about 12 yrs tuning my own suspensions,
so I feel comfortable in what i've posted. Granted, I haven't verified it personally, as this is
just a post to throw things out there, so let me add in this...

look it over, see if it makes sense for you, but do at your own risk...
 
Watching this thread with interest.

Will have some serious bearing on my decision later this year to purchase an EX or, if Honda bring it here, an RS.
 
Back
Top