Did you own a CB 750 in the past?

Severely beautiful WhatYes.

Would be interesting to put a same era Harley next to this supreme specimen and compare condition. Ah crap, that would be an unfair comparison - duh - stupid me.
 
In 1986 I bought an '81 CB750F from in front of the funeral home where my parents were eventually buried from. I took it apart and stuffed it into my '81 Diesel Dasher station wagon and brought it back home to Jacksonville FL from Lockport, NY. For 35 years I didn't have another bike until my wife died. I decided to return to the things I loved in the past and first bought a '94 Yamaha V-Max and then a black CB1100 I found in Savannah Harley-Davidson. In 2022 I remarried my first wife who I had taught to ride and SCUBA dive, sold my house in Jacksonville and moved to her home on Lake Panasoffkee FL. At 75 years old it doesn't get better than this. I then bought a 2010 Honda VFR 13 months ago from Marietta GA, and this past March traded in my V-Max for a new '23 GROM. I am currently looking at buying a neighbor's CBR250rr that has sat for 5 years. All this bike buying activity has been financed thanks to putting my parrots on peoples arms for tips in The Villages FL. That is why I am "Macawman". The CB has been surging at lower speeds and I found this forum looking for answers as to why. I read in a post about resetting the TPS by turning on the key, fully opening and closing the throttle, then turning off the key I will try today as well as reading my factory manual
 
There is a black CB1100 buried in all that activity Macawman.

Welcome to the Forum!

(V-Max traded for a Grom - I would have never imagined that scenario :-/ )
 
Had 1982 CB750SC Nighthawk for a while. My wife was looking for her next step up from her learner machine. Something about it caught her eye, and she had to have it. Bought it as a 'barely running' bike for a song. Previous owner layed it down at around 18000 miles, then put it in the garage and didn't touch it again for many years. We rebuilt the carbs and just generally went all through the thing, got it running like a dream. Between us we put 5000 miles or so on it. Eventually she came to the conclusion it was just a little too tall and heavy to be comfortable on when riding alone, so we let it pass on to its next owner. Both of us still speak fondly of it in retrospect.... Probably had something to do with how easily she talked me into pulling the trigger on my CB1100EX when I finally found a good low mile '17 nearby.
 
Gorgeous snap saturnaal of the classic 80's CB. T'was a golden era to be riding a Japanese motorcycle like that.

Also, welcome to the Forum!
 
Macawman_imp said:
In 1986 I bought an '81 CB750F from in front of the funeral home where my parents were eventually buried from. I took it apart and stuffed it into my '81 Diesel Dasher station wagon and brought it back home to Jacksonville FL from Lockport, NY. For 35 years I didn't have another bike until my wife died. I decided to return to the things I loved in the past and first bought a '94 Yamaha V-Max and then a black CB1100 I found in Savannah Harley-Davidson. In 2022 I remarried my first wife who I had taught to ride and SCUBA dive, sold my house in Jacksonville and moved to her home on Lake Panasoffkee FL. At 75 years old it doesn't get better than this. I then bought a 2010 Honda VFR 13 months ago from Marietta GA, and this past March traded in my V-Max for a new '23 GROM. I am currently looking at buying a neighbor's CBR250rr that has sat for 5 years. All this bike buying activity has been financed thanks to putting my parrots on peoples arms for tips in The Villages FL. That is why I am "Macawman". The CB has been surging at lower speeds and I found this forum looking for answers as to why. I read in a post about resetting the TPS by turning on the key, fully opening and closing the throttle, then turning off the key I will try today as well as reading my factory manual
Macawman, welcome to the Forum. That is quite a history. I am assuming your black CB1100 is a 2014 Standard, but, if not, let us know as that may be helpful in getting you the answers to why it's surging.
:biker:
 
376cc44825a00f519a7f28ea42d10842.jpg


The CB550F1 was my first in-line Honda 4. I bought it new in 1977 when still a spotty faced yoof. I traded a ‘67 Bonneville.

Loved that Bonnie but jeez was it high maintenance. Loved the CB even more because it was so smooth and reliable, plenty fast enough and didn’t leave my hands permanently oily.

Not sure that the 550F was available on the US/Canadian market. I know you guys had the 550K.
 
Apologies - That’s not my 550 in the photo. I took it from the net for illustration purposes. I’m pretty sure I have some actual real printed photographs (remember those)? I’ll have a go at finding them and scanning them so I can share.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Beautiful Corynorhinus.

The closest I got in Canada to your beauty was an '81 Yamaha Seca 550. A silky smooth inline-4 and my first.
I remember the Seca 550. Nice bike. There were few here in the UK. I believe the ones we had were grey imports from stateside.
 
Very handsome looking CB!
Do I see correct, a sticker on the front tire...and possible on rear as well?
 
Yes the CB 550F was available in the US. Came in blue if I remember correctly
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yes the CB 550F was available in the US. Came in blue if I remember correctly
Here in the UK we also had the blue option. That was the only choice, blue or orange. I wanted the blue one - but so did everyone else and there was a long waiting list. The dealer offered me a slightly better deal to go orange. I wasn’t keen but the thing that swung it was they had one in (that no one else wanted) and I could more or less ride away on. The impatience of youthfulness sealed it. Even that hideous dark brown seat didn’t deter my need for instant gratification! It wasn’t long before i regarded the colour choice as a plus. All the other 550’s I encountered on the streets were blue and I rather liked being different.
 
Back
Top