Coolest place you've ever ridden to

The ferret_imp said:
Guth, I understand completely. Hey it doesn't have to be exotic to be cool. There is a road 10 minutes from my house. It's called St Rt 743. It is only 8 miles long. When I was working when i'd get home from work, I'd grab one of the bikes and hit that road EVERY DAY. It is such a cool road imo. What I call a rhythm road. Nice, not too technical left, right, left with elevation changes from the crest of the second ridge from the river up and over the first ridge and down to the river. If you do it just right..just the right speed, you don't have to touch your brakes until you get to the river. Just a very cool road. This is the first road I hit when I got my new CB ( notice the temp tag). This was taken March 29 last year the day I picked it up, on 743 down by the river



If I get to lead Empty Sea and his group for a day, we are riding this road on our way to the Ferry across the Ohio.

Assuming that weather and schedules permit, this WILL happen. Really excited about that part of our trip, too. :)

@Mick65...WOW! [that is all]
 
Thread starter
HOLY COW what a cool pic. 5 beautiful Goldstars. Super cool
 
Thread starter
The Manx is nothing but awesome!
 
2847ab848058bf7d56faffbf65c1776c.jpg


Highway 36 from Red Bluff to the coast. (Just found out I have a 4-day-weekend, and am thinking of riding up there now.)


Crater Lake in OR, (although there's a lot of sllllllowwwww RV traffic in Oregon.)


Big Sur Highway is always a winner.


Million-Dollar Highway & the Hot Springs in Ouray, CO. (Awesome, awesome town.)




Kiva Coffee Stop in Escalante NP in UT.
 
Thread starter
Very cool pics Chris.

This is the mural wall in Portsmouth Ohio ( technically a flood wall) that the city paid an artist to come in and paint murals along for over 1/2 mile. They are awesome. Covering Portsmouth's earliest beginning to the present. they are an awesome sight. This particular one is of the Portsmouth Motorcycle club. reportedly the oldest MC club in the US



[url=http://www.portsmouthohiomurals.com]http://www.portsmouthohiomurals.com

This is Whitefish Point lighthouse in the UP of Michigan. Very Historic. The lighthouse itself is cool! But the history surrounding it is fascinating. The Edmund Fitzgerald ( remeber the song by Gordon lightfoot?) went down in the lake here. But the really cool thing is riding thru the U.P. to get to it. If you go try not to think about breaking down ( well you can try and not think about it, but you will anyway)

 
They got the bell from The Fitz in that museum. There was some controversy surrounding how they acquired it. The Canadian authorities shut down all dives to The Fitz after the museum got their bell. Seems like a member of the dive team took a pic of a dead sailor and that is a no no at a watery grave site.
 
Back
Top