Anyone ever use these super chargers?

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just stumbled upon this 2 USB port charger that looks to sit into of our master brake cylinder. They also make them for a few other models.

Anyone use one of these? Can't find any reviews but i like the idea. Could be a good way to keep the GPS going and also a phone or camera in a tank bag

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PD3-0-Dzel...-/173859921700?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
6d254465292277c81198d92cbde68176.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Son of a gun! Never heard of brake fluid being able to charge a cell phone. Learn something new every day! Lol.

That's actually a pretty darn smart use of space and a really cool idea, but I'm too cheap to spend $73 plus $25 for shipping on this.
 
Thread starter
Pauley_imp said:
Son of a gun! Never heard of brake fluid being able to charge a cell phone. Learn something new every day! Lol.

That's actually a pretty darn smart use of space and a really cool idea, but I'm too cheap to spend $73 plus $25 for shipping on this.
Yea if it was 45$ I probably woulda bought it to be the guinea pig already lol.

Thats why I like it is the use of space thats otherwise useless. I dont like clamping accessories all over my handlebar other than my phone holder.

I messaged them to ask for photos of the wires and how they install. Might be worth running it to the accessory power behind the left side cover since I have an extra terminal now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Pauley_imp said:
Son of a gun! Never heard of brake fluid being able to charge a cell phone. Learn something new every day! Lol.

That's actually a pretty darn smart use of space and a really cool idea, but I'm too cheap to spend $73 plus $25 for shipping on this.
Sure, wait another year and a half and they'll drop to one third of the price because the handlebar trash will be obsoleted by the next new throw-away trinket.

Of course, if the world goes to economic war with China, then the CB1100 accessories will no longer be "cheap". But maybe Taiwan or Malaysia or + + + will pick-up the slack.
 
I don't see the point of it, a solution looking for a problem, especially at that price? You can buy a €10 USB block and fused cable and achieve the same thing with it attached to the bars. Those USB ports are very exposed to water ingress, it will last 10 minutes in any damp climate. I had the OEM Honda cigarette lighter outlet in my Africa Twin and used to use those little USB plugs in them to power my Sat Nav or Phone, it used to eat USB plugs with the rain. I'll never understand why manufacturers don't put USB ports facing down in any faired bikes so they are protected from the elements and any water on the cable would run away from the port.

Even this phone holder here has a little common sense, the USB port is facing down so it is not so exposed to rain. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Adjustable-...892803?hash=item4b4cd9da43:g:GH8AAOSwoDFbf88e

(But there is always a flaw in the cheap Chinese stuff, I bet that on/off switch isn't waterproof)
 
I suppose you call them super-chargers for a reason - super for a lot of juice. This may mean a lot of power drawn from the main battery. Watch for max current rating of your "home-grown" ( ? ) harness, and the cables it's connected to. Also make sure this thing "really" switches off completely and reliably when you are not charging your phone. Now you might think, what's he talking about, it's nano-amps - right ?
It may be up to 2A on the secondary side (or even 2x 2A for two iPhones ? I don't know), and if built badly 3 Amps (or 2x 3A ?) on the primary side. So don't guess, and make sure.
 
Tev62_imp said:
I don't see the point of it, a solution looking for a problem, especially at that price? You can buy a €10 USB block and fused cable and achieve the same thing with it attached to the bars. Those USB ports are very exposed to water ingress, it will last 10 minutes in any damp climate. I had the OEM Honda cigarette lighter outlet in my Africa Twin and used to use those little USB plugs in them to power my Sat Nav or Phone, it used to eat USB plugs with the rain. I'll never understand why manufacturers don't put USB ports facing down in any faired bikes so they are protected from the elements and any water on the cable would run away from the port.

Even this phone holder here has a little common sense, the USB port is facing down so it is not so exposed to rain. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Adjustable-...892803?hash=item4b4cd9da43:g:GH8AAOSwoDFbf88e

(But there is always a flaw in the cheap Chinese stuff, I bet that on/off switch isn't waterproof)
Agreed. Weak thought given to port protection in many offerings. Yeah, that power switch, although thoughtful, looks dubious.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I saw "super charger" and thot, wow, a blown CB1100, gotta read this! Alas, no forced induction, just charging more farkles.
I believe the name "super charger" comes from the seller super charging you for their product, if I'm not mistaken :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Lol yes the price is not friendly but it does have protective covers to keep it water proof when you're not using it you close the covers over the ports.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I have a usb terminal jack that plugs into the battery trickler harness under the seat. Then I ran an IPhone cord under tank to handlebar with a little slack. Phone is mounted in RAM X mount. Plug phone in and I’m off and running with Google Maps in Satellite mode with 3 D on. Was about $25 for cord and usb trickle adapter...maybe less.

Install is at this link.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14140
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
I have a usb terminal jack that plugs into the battery trickler harness under the seat. Then I ran an IPhone cord under tank to handlebar with a little slack. Phone is mounted in RAM X mount. Plug phone in and I’m off and running with Google Maps in Satellite mode with 3 D on. Was about $25 for cord and usb trickle adapter...maybe less.

Install is at this link.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14140
I have the battery tender USB plugged into the pigtail under my seat. I used to plug the phone or sena in under my seat and let it charge.

Only reason I didn't wanna run the phone aire to the handbars is theyre not water proof. So I figure 1 or 2 rains and I would have to reqire a new 1

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Pauley_imp said:
Son of a gun! Never heard of brake fluid being able to charge a cell phone. Learn something new every day! Lol.

That's actually a pretty darn smart use of space and a really cool idea, but I'm too cheap to spend $73 plus $25 for shipping on this.
Yea if it was 45$ I probably woulda bought it to be the guinea pig already lol.

Thats why I like it is the use of space thats otherwise useless. I dont like clamping accessories all over my handlebar other than my phone holder.

I messaged them to ask for photos of the wires and how they install. Might be worth running it to the accessory power behind the left side cover since I have an extra terminal now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Yea if it was 45$ I probably woulda bought it to be the guinea pig already lol.

Thats why I like it is the use of space thats otherwise useless. I dont like clamping accessories all over my handlebar other than my phone holder.

I messaged them to ask for photos of the wires and how they install. Might be worth running it to the accessory power behind the left side cover since I have an extra terminal now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk Found this in a shop in Tokyo today. Did you get any answer on the cabeling of it?

Gesendet von meinem MRX-W09 mit Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
shofer42_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Pauley_imp said:
Son of a gun! Never heard of brake fluid being able to charge a cell phone. Learn something new every day! Lol.

That's actually a pretty darn smart use of space and a really cool idea, but I'm too cheap to spend $73 plus $25 for shipping on this.
Yea if it was 45$ I probably woulda bought it to be the guinea pig already lol.

Thats why I like it is the use of space thats otherwise useless. I dont like clamping accessories all over my handlebar other than my phone holder.

I messaged them to ask for photos of the wires and how they install. Might be worth running it to the accessory power behind the left side cover since I have an extra terminal now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Yea if it was 45$ I probably woulda bought it to be the guinea pig already lol.

Thats why I like it is the use of space thats otherwise useless. I dont like clamping accessories all over my handlebar other than my phone holder.

I messaged them to ask for photos of the wires and how they install. Might be worth running it to the accessory power behind the left side cover since I have an extra terminal now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk Found this in a shop in Tokyo today. Did you get any answer on the cabeling of it?

Gesendet von meinem MRX-W09 mit Tapatalk
Yea if it was 45$ I probably woulda bought it to be the guinea pig already lol.

Thats why I like it is the use of space thats otherwise useless. I dont like clamping accessories all over my handlebar other than my phone holder.

I messaged them to ask for photos of the wires and how they install. Might be worth running it to the accessory power behind the left side cover since I have an extra terminal now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk Found this in a shop in Tokyo today. Did you get any answer on the cabeling of it?

Gesendet von meinem MRX-W09 mit Tapatalk I believe the message said you just run a simple line to the battery for power. Aounded plug n play

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Every phone mount I've looked at recently has a an optional charger you can add to it. I don't know if yours does, but it might be worth checking. Then you wouldn't be adding something to the bar.

Re: USB ports pointing downward. A) I have enough problems plugging in the right way the first time and when I'm looking right at the port and B) I've ridden through HUGE rainstorms on multiple occasions without damaging my horizontally mounted USB ports (and I don't have a fairing).
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Every phone mount I've looked at recently has a an optional charger you can add to it. I don't know if yours does, but it might be worth checking. Then you wouldn't be adding something to the bar.

Re: USB ports pointing downward. A) I have enough problems plugging in the right way the first time and when I'm looking right at the port and B) I've ridden through HUGE rainstorms on multiple occasions without damaging my horizontally mounted USB ports (and I don't have a fairing).
This box doesn't mount to the bars. It mounts right ontop of your Brake Master cylinder cover. So otherwise its space that is not being utilized.

The ports face you (away from the wind and direct rain) and have rubber plug covers when you're not using it or for inclement weather.

There are obvious other/cheaper ways but I think this is the only device that utilizes a mounting location that is otherwise not used.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
There are people commenting without reading, apparently. It's called "super charger" because it's putting out 3 amps, which is enough to fast charge a tablet, let alone your phone or gps. And it's made in Korea, where they don't use slave labor and stolen patents, so the cost of the product will reflect that. Stop comparing costs of goods produced by Chinese prison labor, it's not healthy.

Agree with above posters, it's a very clever design that doesn't clutter handlebar real estate. Going to order one, let me know if you want a review.
 
Yes, please, LikeAfox, a review would be good.
 
Thread starter
I messaged them to see if I could trade getting 1 for an honest review/install video since noone really seems to have heard of them.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top