On a recent thread about an SP Tadao power box exhaust, the question was asked just exactly what the power box does.
There was speculation but no definitive answer.
The thread also included a link to a mechanical stopper at McMaster-Carr for anyone wishing to pull off the box.
Here's what it looks like installed:
I think removing the power box is an improvement. The tinny sound is gone, the exhaust sounds deeper and it has more bark. Even better than the Staintune.
A lot of manufacturers engage in a bit of marketing hype to distinguish themselves from the competition, and I think this may be the case here.
There was speculation but no definitive answer.
The thread also included a link to a mechanical stopper at McMaster-Carr for anyone wishing to pull off the box.
Here's what it looks like installed:
I think removing the power box is an improvement. The tinny sound is gone, the exhaust sounds deeper and it has more bark. Even better than the Staintune.
A lot of manufacturers engage in a bit of marketing hype to distinguish themselves from the competition, and I think this may be the case here.